Anything in your DJ setup besides decks, mixer and/or comp.?

- ask away
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Anything in your DJ setup besides decks, mixer and/or comp.?

Post by Castronova »

Do you have anything in your DJ setup besides decks, a mixer and/or maybe a computer?

I just got a Korg ESX-1 and it's been fun using it in my DJ setup. It would be nice to get some other toys eventually. Anyone have any opinions on the Kaoss pad? Any soundclips or videos of one being used by a DJ? I'm probably going to get one for my band soon and it'd be fun to DJ with as well... just looking for experienced opinions.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I had the soundbite, but with the autoloop in serato I have currently lent it to a friend...
N - Jay
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by N - Jay »

Is the autoloop the same as the loop in traktor?

Cause I use traktor with this loop but I want to get a soundbite as an extra layer. Like bringin sounds of the track itself back in the track. Vocals, strings, chords etc.

Don't you miss it? Or you don't use it like I want to :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

N - Jay wrote:Is the autoloop the same as the loop in traktor?

Cause I use traktor with this loop but I want to get a soundbite as an extra layer. Like bringin sounds of the track itself back in the track. Vocals, strings, chords etc.

Don't you miss it? Or you don't use it like I want to :)
I used the soundbite like that yes, and yes it's a super nice tool... but I find myself very happy with the autoloop in Serato currently (which is the same as the loop function in Traktor)....
CUBANb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by CUBANb »

Just recently picked up a Korg minikp and a koassilator. seems to be a good addition so far
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

dd-6 & cycloops, thinking about a roland 404 aswell probably wait till something new & exciting comes out though...
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

patrick bateman wrote:I had the soundbite, but with the autoloop in serato I have currently lent it to a friend...
i use the kaoss pad 3 as an effector, MIDI conected to xone 92 so i can control the X & Y without reachign the pad wich can be a little more precise somtimes...

i have serato and i never even tryed to use the loops from it...i just bought it to use it as simple and manual as possible....i use the sound bite pro wich is fantastic, u can make 6 dierent loops and play them at once or however u feel like...and you can make you own loops and bring them to your live mix.

i am curious a lot on magda and troy pierce, they seem to use some interesting toys anybody knows?
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

I've got an old multifx for guitar, a zoom 606 (http://www.samsontech.com/products/prod ... prodID=347)

Could you intergrate this into djing?