lets play guess the daw!!!

- ask away
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

The differences in DAW's doesn't weigh heavily on my life at all, but I am interested in how certain programs render vsti's on a final mixdown. I've been using a lot more audio recently (my own sounds) and I think you can hear differences in the final product. Not enough to change a song, but it's there. Just go with whatever works for you I say.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

I must say, I've been really pleased by FL's render quality since they introduced the 512-point sinc interpolation. Although, tbh, these things haven't been of great concern to me before... Would I even be using FL if it was???

;)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I have heard people mention that Cubase doesn't render as good as it sounds when it is playing back, they argue that the audio is different after exporting.

Most of the stuff i heard about Ableton Live, was prior to the Live 7 update, the engine now operates at 64bit precision not 32, are you guys who complain still on Live 6?

They also released a fact sheet about what can cause degradation to audio and how best to avoid it.

Most of the issues I have come across and read are through the fault of the artist and technique.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

AK wrote:I have heard people mention that Cubase doesn't render as good as it sounds when it is playing back, they argue that the audio is different after exporting.

Most of the stuff i heard about Ableton Live, was prior to the Live 7 update, the engine now operates at 64bit precision not 32, are you guys who complain still on Live 6?

They also released a fact sheet about what can cause degradation to audio and how best to avoid it.

Most of the issues I have come across and read are through the fault of the artist and technique.
thats the definitive answer.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

is the daw ableton?

I win! :wink:
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote: They also released a fact sheet about what can cause degradation to audio and how best to avoid it.
where is this fact sheet?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i think it's the quality of some of the effects in certain DAW's that are more of the problem. For example i don't like Reason's EQ. if this was as good as Logic's EQ i would use it a lot more.
Wizz15
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Wizz15 »

hydrogen wrote:
AK wrote: They also released a fact sheet about what can cause degradation to audio and how best to avoid it.
where is this fact sheet?
i believe it is a section in the live manual...