[HELLO012] Daze Maxim - One Million Shakers EP

- wax
the hairy brain
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the hairy brain »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:Sorry if it seems like i'm spreading a negative vibe in here, but i gotta ask this.. Why the hell is the sound of "now" so percussive.. its actually quite stupid i think that people have all of a sudden fell in love with house all over again.. House music never left.. or maybe i'm just getting old.. I don't know.. if I want house music, I'll go straight to Derrick Carter and Brett Johnson type stuff.. but percussive stuff that plods along just doesn't really cut it for me.. and whats even worse is when you try to shop music to a label and they say, oh its not the sound of now?! whats that all about.. I could very easily make something like that, but thats just selling out, or makin music to suite someones needs, which hoenstly isnt what i think its about.. if people would make their music and not try to fit a certain trend we'd all be better off.. anyway. maybe i should have started my own thread.. but i guess i'm too introverted these days to do that.. maybe i'll gather up some energy and do it in the near future.. anyway.. rant over.. sorry about that. just had to get it out.. :oops:

back to the release.. nevermind me.. :arrow:
Predictable.
djBounce
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by djBounce »

bought!
miele
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miele »

djBounce wrote:bought!
me too!!!
Adam Prince
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Adam Prince »

good, versatile EP in my opinion. A1 is the winner and- if I might add- in typical (in a good way) Daze style. That said, the sell out comments don't really seem applicable.

My countless years of DJing/listening and considering house* music has taught me that styles, trends, etc.. are cyclical. This can be annoying, sometimes refreshing and occasionally humorous. Really, there is always good sh!t out there. There is always "underground" out there. Sometimes you just have to look harder...

*I often dispense with sub-genres and sub-sub-genres. House just seems more articulate to me.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Just to clarify I never said he sold out, just saying that so much new tracks seem percussive thats all.. also seems when someone speaks their mind they get bashed on here, which makes me realize why i kept those comments to myself, I guess i should go back to just being an observer.. that said, also makes me feel like a phony when i only post when i have good things to say.. like, great release.. or whatever.. so if we're going to have an open community I don't think people should get bashed for speaking my mind, i mean their minds :lol:

for those who missed it, the last sentence is obviously a joke, but u never know around here, people seem to misinterpret things.. :idea:
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

welcome to the club, shadi :D
well-said. ahm, typed.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Thanks bro :)
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

it does seem the average age around these parts has dropped to 13 year olds in the last months, so misinterpretation is common? ...

anyway, back to the music. saw daze maxim @ watergate a couple of weeks ago and he played some amazing tracks that i wish would be in this release. the percussive track did tore the roof down tho, specially with the girls.