[HELLO012] Daze Maxim - One Million Shakers EP

- wax
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

i wonder where the house part in track a is, but i like it.
b1 could be a bros vibe track, b2 sounds housier than track a.
quite an interesting ep for me, but i guess it's more on the tooly side.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Sorry if it seems like i'm spreading a negative vibe in here, but i gotta ask this.. Why the hell is the sound of "now" so percussive.. its actually quite stupid i think that people have all of a sudden fell in love with house all over again.. House music never left.. or maybe i'm just getting old.. I don't know.. if I want house music, I'll go straight to Derrick Carter and Brett Johnson type stuff.. but percussive stuff that plods along just doesn't really cut it for me.. and whats even worse is when you try to shop music to a label and they say, oh its not the sound of now?! whats that all about.. I could very easily make something like that, but thats just selling out, or makin music to suite someones needs, which hoenstly isnt what i think its about.. if people would make their music and not try to fit a certain trend we'd all be better off.. anyway. maybe i should have started my own thread.. but i guess i'm too introverted these days to do that.. maybe i'll gather up some energy and do it in the near future.. anyway.. rant over.. sorry about that. just had to get it out.. :oops:

back to the release.. nevermind me.. :arrow:
Jose Cabrera
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jose Cabrera »

for me its the bomb even if its percussive or not :D thumbs up for daze!
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

Shadi rocks!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

lol@shadi... get a grip man... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool release, percussive or not... :)
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Percussive sounds, trendy? :?

Why would it kill music?

Music is not just about synths and pads...

I'm glad when some tracks with cutting rhythms and percussions are made, when the rythmic structure of a track is very well worked, because this is when a track as a common rhythm structure that most of the case I could find it boring...

Really, I don't see where is the trend about percussive sounds.

And, of course, the word "house" is too easily used for anything...

This record does not sound house. As you said, Shadi, derrick carter or Mark Farina are house, but not that...

I find that people do not assume the fact of listening to "minimal techno" anymore now... "yeah, minimal is a bad word, let's call it house".

:?

:wink:
diana
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by diana »

yes................
my Releasewish from live Set...Loveee it*
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

trends aside, i think this is cool. but maybe ive been brainwashed by the trend. I dunno i think it was inevitable that the more tribal sounds would return once more due to an overdose of the bleepy shizzle. I mean it's pretty much the same format/template but replace it with a few bongo’s instead of bleeps and a few extra new tricks and it’s the ‘sound of now’.