[MINUS063] Heartthrob | Dear Painter, Paint Me

- wax
Tom Dazing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tom Dazing »

i really , and i mean REALLY dig this album, for me it's a total satisfaction hearing this kind of music in contrast with all the boring "takkatakkatakka" stuff that comes out.

it's funny how some people respond to this ... again :P

quotes like this
alexx.wolfe wrote:great tracks but not a great album.
make me sh!t my pants of laughter.

that's like saying you like a slice of pizza, but you really dislike the entire pizza.

you don't want to diss someone because you'll get commented for that, but you're still doing it because you WANT to..
then you try to sound intelligent by saying something like "i want it more artistic and conceptual", PLEASE...

jesse's a bigger conceptual artist then the ones you'll ever get to touch probably

props to mr siminski!
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

alexx.wolfe wrote:but then where are the offense?

just said that about albuns I expect them to be ''more artistic and conceptual..something more personal'' than singles..is that offensive ? =x..not understanding your point..sorry...
Saying that something is not conceptual could be offensive to an artist, who for them the work is very personal and with a concept.
Zwabber1
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Zwabber1 »

Thank you very much for this new album
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

Tom Dazing wrote:i really , and i mean REALLY dig this album, for me it's a total satisfaction hearing this kind of music in contrast with all the boring "takkatakkatakka" stuff that comes out.

it's funny how some people respond to this ... again :P

quotes like this
alexx.wolfe wrote:great tracks but not a great album.
make me sht my pants of laughter.

that's like saying you like a slice of pizza, but you really dislike the entire pizza.

you don't want to diss someone because you'll get commented for that, but you're still doing it because you WANT to..
then you try to sound intelligent by saying something like "i want it more artistic and conceptual", PLEASE...

jesse's a bigger conceptual artist then the ones you'll ever get to touch probably

props to mr siminski!
oh..you are so bad to me. I really think you know what I mean..your not a new guy in this..just trying to show off a bit?
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

brianc wrote:

just said that about albuns I expect them to be ''more artistic and conceptual..something more personal'' than singles..is that offensive ? =x..not understanding your point..sorry...
Saying that something is not conceptual could be offensive to an artist, who for them the work is very personal and with a concept.
did I said to someone that this or that is not conceptual ?
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

alexx.wolfe wrote:
brianc wrote:

I don't mean to get involved in the discussion but you certainly implied it imo.. :P
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

tettezak wrote:
alexx.wolfe wrote:
brianc wrote:

I don't mean to get involved in the discussion but you certainly implied it imo.. :P
yups!!

I like the album. Some really cool tracks with funny twists and turns.

The guys who don't like it, did you hear the full lenght tracks or just the beatport samples?
Elektric Salsa
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

don't like all tracks, but still found two tracks I liked. Especially "Signs" due to good party memories.
Maybe that's the problem with these tracks: if you hear them at home you go "yeah, okay, nothing much,..." but when you hear them on a big sound system in a party environment, you might get a totally different reaction.

So, not the best work of Heartthrob (or from Minus) but a nice release nonetheless.