[PLUS8102] Mike Shannon - Memory Tree

- wax
the hairy brain
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the hairy brain »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
the hairy brain wrote:
Zsa Zsa wrote:All I've been hearing from people who've previewed this album, is that it's going to be one of the best pieces to ever appear on plus8. I'm stoked it's from Mr. Shannon.

;)
I'm 99.9% sure it won't be.
I think the person's point was, every time a new plus8 or minus record comes out, a fanboy comes on the forum here and posts how this is the best release for the label yet, proving the fan boy has completely disregarded all the legendary stuff in the back catalog. I'm sure whatever gets released HAS to be better than the last 10 or some Plus8s, which the strongest ones were mediocre-at-best tools with a short expiration date.
I just took it for what it was. If I've missed some sort of sarcasm within then I apoligise. Like you say, considering what plus 8's back catalogue consists of I would find it hard to believe (with all due respect to mike shannon) that this will be able to match up to earlier releases.

I'll just be happy to see a decent piece of music come out the minus/plus 8 camp again as it's been a long time since anything remotely memorable has been released.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

the hairy brain wrote:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
the hairy brain wrote:
Zsa Zsa wrote:All I've been hearing from people who've previewed this album, is that it's going to be one of the best pieces to ever appear on plus8. I'm stoked it's from Mr. Shannon.

;)
I'm 99.9% sure it won't be.
I think the person's point was, every time a new plus8 or minus record comes out, a fanboy comes on the forum here and posts how this is the best release for the label yet, proving the fan boy has completely disregarded all the legendary stuff in the back catalog. I'm sure whatever gets released HAS to be better than the last 10 or some Plus8s, which the strongest ones were mediocre-at-best tools with a short expiration date.
I just took it for what it was. If I've missed some sort of sarcasm within then I apoligise. Like you say, considering what plus 8's back catalogue consists of I would find it hard to believe (with all due respect to mike shannon) that this will be able to match up to earlier releases.

I'll just be happy to see a decent piece of music come out the minus/plus 8 camp again as it's been a long time since anything remotely memorable has been released.

I know one thing for sure, that this album will be very different and unlike the past releases. As far as quality goes, I believe it will stand strong. As for comparing its success rate to the past releases -- well lets not do that. We cant measure a sound to another sound that is completely different.

We can however, measure quality. ;) But lets not be afraid to hope for something unique and different here! Thats what we want to see in music.
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

and just to conclude: remember, i said "one of the best," not "the best" - so im not going to argue its hierarchy of brilliance.

it will be good (at least to my beliefs and a NON fan, but a respected artist).

enough said (by me)
:)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

It's not hard to be better than the last 5 records. Cynosure have been far more consistent
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Blatant 'everything was better in the old days' thread... :lol:
Jacopo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jacopo »

patrick, you said the greatest truth! :wink:
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

They finally posted clips for the preview EP @ WAS

http://www.wordandsound.de/labels/details/Plus+8

I really dig what I've heard so far. The 1st track ESPECIALLY!!
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

tone-def wrote:It's not hard to be better than the last 5 records. Cynosure have been far more consistent
Except if this was coming out on Cynosure it would get maybe a 100 views TOPS. Now that it's on Plus 8 it will be another 4000 view thread(7000 if it were on m-nus) wether it suckt or it kicks ass. Personally I didn't find it too special from the short samples.