I hate minimal techno

- open
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I dont listen to dance music unless I am making it in the studio or Im at a show. I get bored of it quick when it is all I hear. As for quiting minimal style i dont reall yget bored because as much as I love it I dont limit myself to it. I started out producing progressive stuff and I still do. Alot of my music is tech house or driving progressive house. I would definitelly burn out fast if all I ever did was minimal style music.

I do think nowdays people are putting alitlle too much though into the idea of "minimal" Everyone is striving for these super intelligent rhythms it seems to me or they just make a shitty loop that doesnt do anything for me.

I tend to find the music that interests me the most when progressive house blends with minimal techno. There seems to be alot more variation from that angle.

As for the original post

Keagan- I hope you come back at some point. I enjoyed your tracks.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

gillsans wrote: this thread is silly yet silly.
Not completely no sir.
brownlow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by brownlow »

Sneaky wrote:I will never ever get sick of listening to Pink Floyd...
I am with you there. Mny, 'ts a gs, grb tht csh wth bth hnds nd mke a stsh. Pretty mnml if you ask me.

Classical and Opera too. Excellent stuff.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

victorgonzales wrote: Everyone is striving for these super intelligent rhythms it seems to me or they just make a shitty loop that doesnt do anything for me.

is more of the second one. I don't here many super intelligent rhythms in this music anymore. I would consider a lot of it super retarded rhythms.
pSsp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pSsp »

i personally think minimal techno will last for years and years to come, its just gonna get weirder, simpler and maybe a little less dancefloor driven or maybe that just how i'd like it to develop. no matter what it cant get tired or exhausted of all possiblities, as possibilities are endless for composing minimal techno, there are a million and one ways just to make a kick and thats where the beauty of the minimal method came from, and those that say its all starting to sound the same are maybe not able to hear the subtler differences between the tunes. There is perhaps a good few producers just cashing in or taking the easy, less creative way out by emulating the format of successful tracks, but those aren't the producers you should just be listening to, instead listen to producers/Djs like Matthew Dear, Hawtin, Ricardo, JPLS, Eric johnston, Lee Curtiss, Carola who you know will always strive to create something new and different, enhancing the spectral horizons of the Minimal Techno genre. If you dont like or are tired of the minimal your listening to these days then change and look harder there's a lot of sh!t to sift to through like any genre, but you put in the time and sure enough you'll find plenty of gem's that were there beauty of music lies. don't just to take it for granted that the beatport top 20 minimal tracks is what classifies the standard of minimal and what you should be listening to, the top 20 is based on general sales and generally people are idiots, the bulk of good music will for the most part stay underground, occasionally it will have its day under the sun, enjoyed, then only to to be exploited by the masses and then come out the other end passed off as tired. Love the music the music you make and play and you cant go wrong.
shh pSsp
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

marionette is a cool track.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it's hardly new
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

tone-def wrote:
victorgonzales wrote: Everyone is striving for these super intelligent rhythms it seems to me or they just make a shitty loop that doesnt do anything for me.

is more of the second one. I don't here many super intelligent rhythms in this music anymore. I would consider a lot of it super retarded rhythms.
Thats why I said striving. Usually it ends up a clusterfuck of sound.