(Ignorance) is bliss??

- open
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

(Ignorance) is bliss??

Post by kristofason »

Do u think that knowin how tracks are made/what effects are used and how they are used etc may take away the magic of music?
We often sit on the board commenting on stuff but probably forget how clued up we all are on the production side of things etc
Imagine what the untrained ear must think to all this complex wizardry...
Last edited by kristofason on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

a lot of untrained ears thinks there's nothing to it. Some think adding loads of layers is technical and anything labeled minimal is basic and inferior.
Last edited by tone-def on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I find that I've always been like this even before I was producing. everytime I listened to something I had to pick it apart, find out who made it, what instruments they used, what they had for breakfast blah blah blah.

weed, for example, helps me to listen like a normal human being though :)
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

tone-def wrote:a lot of untrained ears thinks there's nothing to it. Some think adding loads of layers is technical and anything labeled minimal is basic and inferior.
ye youre right in some respects with people thinkin theres nothin to it although this mostly applies to parents and the 45 plus
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Innocence is bliss??

Post by Red Kite »

kristofason wrote:Do u think that knowin how tracks are made/what effects are used and how they are used etc may take away the magic of music?
I know that I don't know, and that I'm always surprised when something cool happens when I (try to) make music. Is that what you mean? :D
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

kristofason wrote:
tone-def wrote:a lot of untrained ears thinks there's nothing to it. Some think adding loads of layers is technical and anything labeled minimal is basic and inferior.
ye youre right in some respects with people thinkin theres nothin to it although this mostly applies to parents and the 45 plus
and anyone else who is young and makes other types of dance music. I've been told my music is inferior by drum and bass, trance, progressive house, and even carl cox style techno producers.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

tone-def wrote:
kristofason wrote:
and anyone else who is young and makes other types of dance music. I've been told my music is inferior by drum and bass, trance, progressive house, and even carl cox style techno producers.
Ye but theyre just what us brits call 'twats' aren't they?!
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Innocence is bliss??

Post by Hugues31 »

kristofason wrote:Do u think that knowin how tracks are made/what effects are used and how they are used etc may take away the magic of music?
When i began to be interest in electronic music i was a "simple" listenner !
Now it's been 4 years that i try to learn how tracks are build, how people construct it ... and the thing is that when i am in club sometimes i imagine the structure pattern of the track !
Sometimes wondering when the structure is really simple what give the groove to the track ! Or sometimes wondering how can a human give such a complex structure to a track :lol:
It's sure that when you're really in you don't have the same feelling and the same heard than another people.