liveset with just a drummachine

- ask away
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

Thx :) Regarding tracks, I'm not sure yet about how I should go about it. I'll try to record stuff directly jammed into the computer and not edit it, maybe that will be alright. When I start editing I tend to go into hyperedit mode, and edit everylittle waveform of everything. Not sure if that's the way.

If I can dub stuff satisfactorily, I may just do that. That will enable me to have a pretty nice workflow as well. I'll keep you updated. Then I'll have to sift through my old mails to see which labels showed interest a few months ago :)
viva hate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by viva hate »

Loved this too. Someone ought to put out some 12" material by you soon.
I get inspired to work a bit more with my machinedrum too. Niceness.
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

Props! :)
Always think twice.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

17 mins in an lovin it. Had to post because I didn't know the Machinedrum could do all this. 8)

*trigger* -gear-lust-mode-
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

AK wrote:17 mins in an lovin it. Had to post because I didn't know the Machinedrum could do all this. 8)

*trigger* -gear-lust-mode-
I think Elektron should give Wesen some credits for all his promotion for the machine drum. Thanks to his live-sets I'm think also to buy such an MD.
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

I discovered the joys of overdriving and compressing everything, so here is a new version:

http://inflection.bl0rg.net/~manuel/wes ... t-comp.mp3

It's a bit obvious and not very well tuned at the moment (I used stuff in ableton), but I'm going to build me a multiband distortion box and some preamps so I can overdrive the outputs from the MD in analogue.

It definitely makes all the ghosts in the sounds come out. Magic!
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

Here's a small video of how I build a pattern. A few friends over at em411.com hav edone these videos of how they work on their tracks, which was pretty interesting. So here is how I do it:

http://www.vimeo.com/1222540

Second video with way more work on the pattern is uploading right now. The pattern turned out to be not so super good :/
subscan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by subscan »

I am inspired..!!! thanks I learn so much from your posts :D
LOST MUSIC / FOUND SOUND