i don't think i belong here...

- ask away
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

steevio wrote:hi mate,
i checked out your myspace, i can see your problem, it's getting harder and harder to define genres now, which is probably a good thing.
your music is well produced, and you shouldnt have any problem getting it released.
i wouldnt call it minimal though, it's got an 'early' european electronica sound about it, but i couldnt say which labels might be interested, you've just got to do some deep research.
even finding the right type of label is only a starting point.
i'm sent lots of material that people think would fit on my label, but it only takes one sound i dont like in a track for me to lose interest, even with my own tunes. sometimes i write stuff that i know wont fit on my own label, and i have to wait till someone else picks it up.
its not easy mate, you've just got to keep plugging away.

peace and good luck.
whats ur label called steevio?chuck us some links to hav a listen
cheers
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

kristofason wrote:
steevio wrote:hi mate,
i checked out your myspace, i can see your problem, it's getting harder and harder to define genres now, which is probably a good thing.
your music is well produced, and you shouldnt have any problem getting it released.
i wouldnt call it minimal though, it's got an 'early' european electronica sound about it, but i couldnt say which labels might be interested, you've just got to do some deep research.
even finding the right type of label is only a starting point.
i'm sent lots of material that people think would fit on my label, but it only takes one sound i dont like in a track for me to lose interest, even with my own tunes. sometimes i write stuff that i know wont fit on my own label, and i have to wait till someone else picks it up.
its not easy mate, you've just got to keep plugging away.

peace and good luck.
whats ur label called steevio?chuck us some links to hav a listen
cheers
my label is called mindtours mate.

http://www.mindtours.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/steevio
msfilter
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by msfilter »

these are all really useful responses... Thanks alot for your advice and support.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

msfilter wrote:these are all really useful responses... Thanks alot for your advice and support.
it doesnt necessarily mean you dont belong here though bro !!
i thought that for a while, but this is a cool forum man :)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

steevio wrote:
msfilter wrote:these are all really useful responses... Thanks alot for your advice and support.
it doesnt necessarily mean you dont belong here though bro !!
i thought that for a while, but this is a cool forum man :)
No doubt. Only about 25 percent of my music can be described as minimal but this is one of the most knowledgable producer boards I have ever found so I come here pretty exclusivelly to talk about music production.
Eylius
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: i don't think i belong here...

Post by Eylius »

msfilter wrote:hey.
I'm thinking of releasing some tunes, but i have no idea who to send demos to because i have absolutely no idea what genre of music i am making. This is making it hard to track down labels that are releasing similar songs.
If you kind people could please listen to some of my music (ignore the wafer thin song) and let me know that would be great!
www.myspace.com/msfilter

By the way, this is not just a desperate attempt to get you to listen to my music (maybe a little).
thanks alot!
andy
I really like your tunes man. I've been going into the super droney yet dancey sound myself as of late. Any chance of getting some of these tracks on promo from you? I'm playing at a festival this weekend and would love to play some unreleased stuff!
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

try bit records mexico, or his sublabel xela digital. I think you fit his style a lot
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

menos160 wrote:try bit records mexico, or his sublabel xela digital. I think you fit his style a lot
yeah that would be a good one. They arent too picky either. As long as it is a good song they release lots of stuff