deactivating midi keyboard's mod wheel

- ask away
andei
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

deactivating midi keyboard's mod wheel

Post by andei »

hey I've having this weird problem lately. my controller's (toneport kb37) mod wheel has been sending midi signal like crazy, like if i was moving it ALL THE TIME, so when i play any synth i end up with this weird sound all the time or if i try to automate ANYTHING everything gets asigned to it (as it's sending signal all the time). The weird thing is that in my brother's computer it works ok, so i guess it may have something to do with pc, and as i don't much time to solve it right now (exams + exams) and i'm dieing to finish some tunes i would like to know if there is any way of deactivating it (as i pretty much didn't use it before all this trouble).
I don't know much about MIDI but could i look in which channel is it sending signal and then cancel it or something like?
thanks for reading (and hope my problem it's 'clear', as my English is pretty bad)
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Dont think theres a way to deactivet it. but you can go to the modulation in your synth and cancel its modulation, so the mod wheel will effect nothing. you will have to do it every time though.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

This happened with me on an Oxygen 8. I opened it up and snipped off the wire inside which did the trick.
andei
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by andei »

Stomper wrote:Dont think theres a way to deactivet it. but you can go to the modulation in your synth and cancel its modulation, so the mod wheel will effect nothing. you will have to do it every time though.
yeah i thought about that, but how i do i cancel the modwheel mod on a synth?
when i load up, let's say, synth 1 or Operator, with out me touching anything the modwheel is already affecting something (i mean without loading a preset), in Operator for example it's the pitch envelope.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I dont have or use either of those two. but its happaning because the defulte preset is that mod wheel modulate the pitch.
just find the modulation or mod section and youll see what the mod wheel modulates and you should be able to cancel it.
I would suggest just to send you midi keyboard to someone to fix it.
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

You probably need to either replace the potentiometer or clean it with a switch spray - drop by your local hifi repair shop and they might have some. Also you can just open it up and disconnect the wire - wouldnt go cutting it though as it will connect by a plug