Overclocking

- ask away
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:I reckon i can get a 2.4 ghz duo core to about 3.2 ghz with an additional fan (well, i hope so)...

Being a fresh comp i donty run the risk of a big data loss

Viktor, you could just get an external hd?
yeah I havce one of those. Its full as well as my pc hard drive. I need to buy a 1tb external and load everything on it and keep it in the closet or something. Im always sketched somethin will happen to all my files.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Nutter! thats some serious data!!!!!!!
chucklechops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chucklechops »

Just done this this last weekend. I got a Core2 Quad Q6600 on an Asus P5K. I read the forums and this seems to be what people are going for at the moment. I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing if I'm honest but there are step-by-step guides around for this board and CPU so it's a piece of piss really.

I've got it stable at 3ghz and fairly cool so I'll probably go higher.

Been playing Crysis with everything on high all week so I've only just sat down to try and make some music. Right now I've got Battery with an API compressor on each drum track, six in total, two minimonstas and some other plugins. My CPU in Ableton is at 5-6%. I am happy. :D

Definitely worth doing and I don't think it's as easy to fry components as you might imagine.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

THATS MINT!!!

Why have battery on each channel? It has 16 routable outs you can apply ext. effects to seperatly...

But if you got the power, whoooo caaaareeess
chucklechops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chucklechops »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote: Why have battery on each channel? It has 16 routable outs you can apply ext. effects to seperatly...
What I meant was Battery on one channel, each drum pad routed to a separate Ableton channel with waves API compressor it. Overkill really but if you got the power...