Post by Daniel Logikal »

adelaideperson wrote:the boys make a day trip to cronulla:

LOL

Never thought I would see that pic on mnml.nl :lol:
Taylor Norris
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Taylor Norris »

N - Jay wrote: So i'm fine with my own little parties where my friends come, some purists and some junkies
We also still have our "underground" basement parties here in Indy and really, we have just about as much fun as if we were with 600 others in a large club. The music is good down there and thats what really matters...... 8)

"we're like roaches...never die"
thelibrarian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thelibrarian »

It all lies in the work you want to put into it. Everyone complains about America which is valid; however, look to Seattle, San Francisco, and even Omaha. It can be done.

Most performers charge exorbitant fees and are not worth the risk of booking a show; however, there are quite a few DJ's and Producers who understand America and will work with you. Take a chance if it is important to you.

Best,
The Librarian
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

I can absolutely follow your thoughts guys. I moved about 2 years ago from my hometowm which was about 80,000ppl to my new "Homebase" with about 200,000.

But guess what? In those two years, I didn't find anybody with whom I could really share my passion. Well, here are some good parties, but most of the ppl who are going there don't know what they are listening to. They say it's House or Electro, but it's just very cool music. This wouldn't really piss me off, but those ppl are so....handicapped in their minds that I often wan't to punch them.
Let me give you an example: About 1 1/2 years ago, a monthly drum n bass event started. It isn't really the music what I'm listening to, but at least you were able to go there and have a good time with nice people. But only half a year later, the club was full of idiots who don't have any affinition to the music, or the people, or let's say that they don't know how to party correctly (not that something like "correct" partying really exists, but I guess you know what I mean). The people don't fucking care where they are going to!
Or another one: Onur Özer played here in December. Club was half empty and I thought, that at least the people who were at the party like the music then. fck it! Most people I talked to, thought he would play some cheesy House! And I mean like the bad side of this genre.
So I'm not going out very often here.....in fact I try to see my old friends as often as possible and have a good time with them instead. Just the girlfriend thing sucks, cause all the girls I like live at least 200km from where I live now :lol:

Oh yeah, next week Dominik Eulberg is playing in the same club like Özer. I guess I won't go there cause people are fucking me up.
-paranoidandroid-
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by -paranoidandroid- »

just as a passing thought from this thread, i popped onto google.... put in my current town and 'minimal'

Top of the list was ME :lol:

everything else was not minimal music related, but crap like 'we will dispose of your rodent pests with minimal fuss' etc

i laughed, yep....your on your own here buddy. :lol:
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I am not really sure how it goes in other areas but here in the midwest if you're not playing whats on the radio it can be very hard to gain a audience, mostly due to the fact that people stick to what they know or have been force fed all of their lives... although Ive been pretty adept at taking the path of doing my thing regardless and hoping at some point in some time people will catch on and I do believe it has worked in my favor, we have a half way decent scene here in Fort Wayne and I think it comes from putting on low cost quality events with people that have realized egos aren't and shouldn't be any part of what we are doing... and also taking into account that you should treat the audience just as well as you treat your fellow artists... make the event special for everyone and try as best as you can to get everyone involved as much as possible into the night... people definitely need a sense of connection with you and the music you are playing - the closer you get to that the closer you get to achieving the ultimate goal [ understanding and euphoria from the medium ] you will never be able to please everyone so don't get caught up in the few fuktards that try and spoil your night with acting like idiots.
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

i got kicked out of the bar on thursday night. the bartender walked up and payed me money to stop as the guests were not digging my mnml and micro. people cheered when i stopped and then proceeded to put on MP3s of random 90's grunge and dance. i have now reached new highs and lows all in the same night.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

getting paid for doing nothing, the joke is on them really :wink: