Alternatives to Final Scratch/Scratch Live?

- ask away
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

Yes, it's true.. Serato is very good.. I was using Finalcrash when it first came out & I DJed with it all over.. lots of problems..crashing, audio freaking out, etc... I've even seen people have some pretty bad issues with FS 2.0.. ugh..

Serato, I've used it all over.. I just took it to toronto this last weekend and played at system sound bar and a party in peterborough the following night.. it worked flawlessly.. I recommend whatever gig you play, always take some vinyl & CDs just in case there is a bad turntable (bad tonearm, or RCA cable), and always bring your own needles..

Don't just take my word for it tho.. seems like a lot of people are very happy with it over at the forums - www.serato.net
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

brian - the one time i used SSL i noticed the sound of the control tone from the records was annoyingly audible. not through the monitors, but just from the record itself. i'm sure they cut those records as loud as they can so the control tone is strongest, but this was too loud.

i'm sure this won't matter when the music being played is at club levels but it was irritating during semi-loud at home playing. ever experienced this? maybe it was the gear but this was on 1200s and ortofon concordes... not crap.
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

Right.. it's definitely loud.. a bit annoying..but it gets the job done and like you said, in a loud club environment, it really doesn't matter.. :)
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

cool, at least it wasn't me.. ;)
i did all that calibration business etc

part of me wants to believe in FS but the support i hear for SSL is really drowning that out lately.

Finalcrash.. LOL
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

The thing that really put me over the edge with Finalcrash was having to pay for upgrades to make it work with new Operating system updates..

Serato has been constantly updating their program and even adding some cool new features.. One of the coolest things they just put in 1.4 is a "censor" button.. which when you press a key combination, is it totally reverses a portion of the song while you're playing it, but it jumps to the point in the song where the control signal is.. so it's great for bad words, or reversing drum sequences mid song.. And these are FREE updates.. :)
orphic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by orphic »

Wow that is pretty cool, lots of VOX I hate that would be cool to drown out! ;)
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

a censor function..... must be american :lol: (don't know if this is funny actually :|
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

http://scratchlive.net/forum/discussion ... on_id=5270

This has shown up a few places, but they're pics from Richie in Copenhagen using SSL instead of FS. Has he jumped ship??