[mnml] music and fashion - how much do they belong together?

- open
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

shypht wrote:that seems like allot of hassle just to wear sneakers in a club.
I also cant figure out if you guys are being sarcastic and taking the piss out of pantycontrol or not. Does one need to be sporting a potato sack and unwashed hair to not be 'dressed up' or something?
lol@potato sack. i wish i had the guts.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Here, typically, clubs with a dress code utterly suck ass. Horribly so. Also, these places reek of a million different cheap perfumes... euhrk.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

thom wrote:Here, typically, clubs with a dress code utterly suck ass. Horribly so. Also, these places reek of a million different cheap perfumes... euhrk.
haha yeah thats pretty damn true. all the clubs here with a dress code usually attract younger kids who want to "pop a bottle, yo" and they couldn't give a sh!t what music was coming out of the speakers as long as they've heard it before

i wish i lived in europe...
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

b-ran wrote:
thom wrote:Here, typically, clubs with a dress code utterly suck ass. Horribly so. Also, these places reek of a million different cheap perfumes... euhrk.
haha yeah thats pretty damn true. all the clubs here with a dress code usually attract younger kids who want to "pop a bottle, yo" and they couldn't give a sht what music was coming out of the speakers as long as they've heard it before

i wish i lived in europe...
There are clubs like that over here, to be honest the clubs that do play good music don't usually have any 'dress code' but the potato sack may be pushing it a bit far...
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I generally dont care what people are wearing at a club though as long as they are dancing / smiling and having a good time. I'd rather see a hipster in a neon-hat and glow-sticks jumping around/dancing/having fun at a party than someone in t-shirts and jeans standing there looking unimpressed.

/just/ because you are dressing up doesn't necessarily mean you are there just to be seen - I've seen quite a few people dressed to the 9's cut the rug just as good as anyone else. To simply assume just because someone is dressed nicely or like a hipster means they are not there for the music is a bit too quick of a jump to make.

Last time I saw Alex Under & Damien Schwartz, the room had a pretty high hipster-quotient of neon, low v-neck shirts and (not longer that ironic) trucker hats. But, of most of the people there - they were the most energetic/up for it group of the crowd, and getting a bit of energy like that injected into the dance floor is a good thing IMO.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Both can be an expression of one's self. In that respect they go hand in hand.

Also you can usually tell what sort of music someone listens to by their clothes.
How many of you here dress like damian lazarus?

People that think they only care about the music generally hate hipsters but, Look at some big name Djs they look like hipsters. No?
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

I also cant figure out if you guys are being sarcastic and taking the piss out of pantycontrol or not. Does one need to be sporting a potato sack and unwashed hair to not be 'dressed up' or something?
honestly i don't know either but i'd imagine "piss", as a black tee, jeans and a ball-cap shouldn't impress anyone. as far as clubs go in seattle, there are only a few with actual dress code rules. most everyone is either a tee/jeans person or a total punk/hipster. some of the latter is a bit much for me but as stated before, it's boils down to "who's having fun". i always have fun, even when i'm getting "the piss taken out" as you said.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Not really. All of five minutes of extra time to be comfortable. I cannot dance my ass off for several consecutive hours in 'dress' shoes. Since getting my groove on, so to speak, is my main priority when I go out, being able to wear sneakers/trainers is a must, IMO.

How girlies can dance in heals is beyond me! :?
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz