[MoonPool] Niggemann&Poppcke incl Agnès&Russ Gabriel

- wax
meerestief
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[MoonPool] Niggemann&Poppcke incl Agnès&Russ Gabriel

Post by meerestief »

Spring 2008.
Walter Ercolino and Daniela Stickroth, the heads behind meerestief and meerestief ltd have created a third branch to support their small label family, now that the structure and the direction of the former two is solid and transparent. MoonPool pays tribute to the House sound of the second half of this decade, which also plays a big part in Stickroth’s and Ercolino’s respective DJ sets. MoonPool still leaves enough space for interpretation and endeavours to close the huge gap between meerestief and its minimalistic Techno approach and meerestief ltd with its trancy Club Electronica designs.

moonPool 001
Niggemann & Poppcke – L´áurora
(include Remixes by Agnes & Russ Gabriel)

Releasedate: 6th of June 2008
Distribution: www.straight-distribution.com

Listen: http://meerestiefdigital.com/Releases/p ... 01_preview

Alex Niggemann und Marc Poppcke have been given the honour of supplying the first release on moonPool. The boys from Berlin are relatively new to the business but produce and perform as a team as well as solo. Niggeman has already done a remix for Booka Shade. Their carreer is currently taking off properly with plenty of releases in the starting blocks for 2008 and Niggemann & Poppcke fit moonPool’s profile perfectly. For the kick-off they are offering an enchanting Deep House number called L’aurora’, using all the tricks of the trade, with a spectacular and emotional violin break being the cherry on top. Amazing.

Agnes’ remix is the final justification for moonPool, if ever there needed to be one. The track would have stuck out like a sore thumb on meerestief and meerestief ltd, with its neo-classical House vibe and the world would have missed out on a good piece of music. The Swiss producer is on an absolute roll at the moment, after fantastic releases on Perspectiv, Num and 60Sec records. He uses the original strings, but adds so much nineties groove on his version, that by the time you get to the edgy female vocals, you’ll be ready to blow your top off completely.

MoonPool has landed a big fish in getting English legend Russ Gabriel for remix number two, who has been combining Detroit traditions with European Techno sensibilities on his label Ferox since the 90’s. Gabriel tours around the world every weekend and has just done a remix for godfather Carl Craig. He is much closer to Detroit than New Jersey or New York, which you can clearly hear on his version of ‚L’aurora’, and manages to create an old-school futuristic, as well as deep Tech House track.

www.moonpool-records.com
" The first thing is what your ear says. You´re either draws in like a magnet - or you´re not. And if you´re not the rest is just boring footnotes. " Steve Reich
www.meerestief.com
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

Agnes remix is just HOT!
meerestief
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by meerestief »

;)
" The first thing is what your ear says. You´re either draws in like a magnet - or you´re not. And if you´re not the rest is just boring footnotes. " Steve Reich
www.meerestief.com
meerestief
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

some DJ Reactions

Post by meerestief »

some DJ Reactions:

Moonpool 001 – Niggemann&Poppcke "L'aurora"
incl. Remixes by Agnès & Russ Gabriel

Sebo K - "The Agnes remix is brilliant again! Will play on heavy rotation."

Yannick - (Trickski) – "Excellent release! Agnes & Gabriel remixes are my faves…. thing is, I have a faible for slamming hi-hats. That's why the Agnes mix wins in the end… naaaiz!"

Deetron – "Really into the oldschool feel of this release, will most definitely play the Agnes and RG RMX's."

John Digweed – "Great release."

Ewan Pearson – "Original and Russ Gabriel are doing it for me."

Laurent Garnier – "3 excellent deep tracks. Russ's mix is awesome as always!"

Jimpster – "Agnes mix hits the spot! Will be playing. cheers."

Hernan Cattaneo – "Excellent! Top stuff! Will play and chart. Original is outstanding!"

Ripperton (Perspectiv): "Strong release! I like all the mixes! Will play/chart it and i wish u good luck for that first new label!"

Sasha – "Excellent!!"

Alex Attias ( Planet E, Compost Black) : "thank you for this. this release is awesome. im feeling almost every track. my fave is agnès mix but on the whole i feel the quality. full support from me"

Joris Voorn – "Agnes is great as always!!!"

Kiki ( B-Ptich)– "Amazing release! to be honest, i was just going through some 100+ of promos been left very, very unimpressed. and just before I lost my faith I came across this! All mixes are truly essential! i..ll probably mix between them or even edit them together"

Luca Bacchetti – "Agnes remix!!!! Love it ! 2

Mark Farina – "Real nice release."

Davide Squillace – "L'Aurora is a great track!! When the sun arise!!"

Funk D'Void – "Great remix from Russ!"

Markus Enochson ( Sonar Kollektiv) – "Chicago Take is nice stuff… will play… also like the Original version."

Rocco /Rodamaal ( Buzzing Fly) – "Lovin the original mix which is Deep Deep Deep! Dreamy synth & techy keys really makin this track big!"

Dave Seaman – "If I was doing a mix comp at the moment, this would be high on my licensing wish list! Excellent!"

Ben Mono – "Russ Gabriel remix. A real nice blend between deep and classic."

Tiger Stripes – "Agnes remix is excellent!"

Scope – "Wicked stuff here.. The original has alot of nice trad deep house qualitys, matched with some top production, Agnes remix retains the depth and warmth, but adds a bit more of a techy bounce to the groove which will be perfect for the warmups or real late nite floors.. Gabriel remix is very cool also.. Nice and soulful yet tough and electronic with the grooves.. perfect for the late nite floors also! Full support from me!!"

Craig Morrison – (Silicone Soul) – "Really really like the sound of this!"

Nick Warren – "Wonderful vibes!"

Ivan Smagghe – "Fantastic Agnes remix! Excellent!"

Joe T Vannelli – "Original is good for my sets."

Dan Drastic – (Moon Harbour) – "Russ Gabriel remix for me!"

Darko Esser – "Good package! Liking the Agnes Remix but Mr Russ Gabriel takes the crown. Will play!"

Jo Mills – (Circo Loco) – "These tracks will be perfect for my early sets and radio show on
Sonic in Ibiza."

Craig Torrance ( Mixmag) - "Thanks for the email. Nice tracks, especially the agnes remix"

Till von Sein (morris audio ): "mein favourit:agnes!der vogel ist schon ne geile sau,immer wieder für berraschungen gut..den rmx vom russ muss ich nochmal lauschen,weil seine sachen mag ich auch sehr gern…"

Nuno Dos Santos – "Bravo! Love the original and great remix work! Will play!"

Aldrin –(Zouk Singapore) – "Fab release!!! 3 slices of lovely deep tech groove."

Tom Stephan – "A little on the deep side for me but the Russ Gabriel mjx is really nice!"

Tom Wax – (You FM Germany) – "Agnes' mix! Groovy deep-house with soul!"

Dave Mothersole – (Ministry Radio UK) – "The intro on the original reminds me of 'time' by stone. agnes' mix is cool too and gabriel's. good release all round. i think i'll play em all on the radio in the coming weeks."

Raymundo Rodriguez – (Ministry Radio UK) – "A very strong package, i'm feeling all 3 mixes..proper lush house."

Jan Prins – (Radio 538/Dance Dept. NL) – "Flying over the terrace !!! Summer anthem!"

Paul Hamill – (BBC Radio Ulster. IR) – "What a breakdowin the original but Russ Gabriel mix steals the show for me - timeless. Full support."

Steve Parry – (Juice FM. UK) – "Very cool chord laden classical tinged gem, I like this a lot, can see this being a biggie."

Ndru (liebe*detail, smallville) - "der agnés remix ist smooth und das moonpool logo ist auch cool."

Angel Molina: "My support to mr. Gabriel remix, sounds perfect, far from 'fashion' music"

more infos:
www.moonpool-records.com
www.meerestief.com
meerestief
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

DJ Feedback_part2

Post by meerestief »

Moonpool 001_DJ Reactions part2

...part 2 of DJ Reactions
Moonpool 001 - Niggemann & Poppcke "L'aurora"
incl. Remixes by Agnès and Russ Gabriel

Luciano – “Will play the Agnes mix.”Loco Dice: Agnes mix is meiner

Loco Dice - "Agnes mix is meiner..."

Dave Ellesmere - "a very nice ep and nice start for this new sub sub label of meestertief ...i really like the agnes mix and russ also did a great job ...will try it out this weekend ..cheers Dave"

Konrad Black – “Agnes remix is good for me.”

Danilo Plessow – (Motorcity Drum Ensemble) – “Agnes mix is really nice. Respect to my buddies Walter and Daniela.”

Marco – (Luna City Express) – “The Agnes remix is great!”

Lee Jones – (MyMy) – “Divine!”

Voitek – (Catz n Dogz/3 Channels) – “Agnes rocks as usual!!!!!! It’s always something more than simple deep house!!”

Desyn Masiello – “Awesome track, feeling this one to set alight the floor. Class!”

Kevin Gorman – (Gigolo) – “Great Russ Gabriel mix, really nice to hear some music with substance and form!”

Greame Reedie – (Silicone Soul) – “Like the original and Agnes remix a lot! Really class stuff! Russ Gabriel mix is nice as well but will play other two!”

Layo – (Layo & Bushwacker) – “Lovely deep house, kind of old school but in a good way!”

Tomaz – (Studio Brussel Radio) – “Superb release!! Love Agnes’ remix in particular, but all are great!”

Kornel Kovacs – (Radio P3 Sweden) – “Really nice bumpy Agnes remix, will support this!”

Patrick Bateman (Tic Tac Toe) - "Not feeling the original too much, but Agnes and Russ remix are super cool house music! Full support on the remixes!"

Taucher - "wieder geile mucke track 1 super geil , und wieder ein grund für die leute mich um schnellere music zu bitten but no way.."

Andreas – (Raveline) – “Lovely sound! Will review.”

more infos:
www.moonpool-records.com
www.meerestief.com
8ball
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 8ball »

nobody as anything to say about that ?? really ??? ahhh you've all been in your bedrooms for the last 2 years, aright... understand it now...

russ gabriel mix is great ! original too and well agnes sucks as usual...
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i want more dj-feedbacks
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

thomasjaldemark wrote:i want more dj-feedbacks
Donky Boysy: We don't like this release!