Cocoon tv - Disco Invaders 2008

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

stefspijk wrote:I wasn't talking about the music, I highly respect guys like Villalobos, Hawtin & Vath. But in my opinion you don't need a fishbowl on your head to market yourself. These guys have enough status to skip these stupid activities...
not at all. its about art. its fun to dress up in costume you should try it for once in your life. fashion is an artform too.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

music is art... - (the end)

that is borderline attention whore / cheesy.. (imo)

growing up and feeling the energy of mid 90's parties in detroit..

playing dress up is one thing at underground parties but for marketing stunts is an entirely different element..
Michael^Heaven wrote:
stefspijk wrote:the video, the people and the idea
Personal opinions aside, this is a powerful marketing tool aimed at the masses. Not the small niche of 'music heads'. AKA: all of us here. The Freakshow concept (which I actually liked) worked quite well for last year's Ibiza season. I'm sure this will pull in the punters for this coming summer as well.
but in the end if its successful in efforts to bring a new audience..

well then - if it's not broken don't fix it..

it's tried and was effective..

to help longevity..
stefspijk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stefspijk »

if you want to have a dress-up party and call it an artform (maybe dadaism?!?!?), that's fine with me.....but for me, it's about the music and not the fact that you have the need to dress yourself with a fishbowl on your head....i've never seen pioneers like moodymann, mr. fingers or theo parrish have a stupid ass makeover fest to get any attention, so why the f*ck do they feel the need to do it!??!
in my opinion, i believe it's just amazingly stupid, unnecessary and should keep those halloween pranks to themselves...please focus on your music please, and just ONLY the music...
The Hague...soulful city
mlnus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mlnus »

Im agree w/ this part : focus on your music please, and just ONLY the music...

Keep it up 8)