whats the stupidist genre name ever?

- open
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

tone-def wrote:but thats got nothing to do with UK Garage, which i think was a joke.
true. I don´t think it has anything to do with that either.
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

gabba (does it actually mean anything?)
stvn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stvn »

clubfoot wrote:
tone-def wrote:
clubfoot wrote:
juhokusti wrote:
clubfoot wrote:minimal :wink:
full support. seems to me that most people think of melodic tech-house or progressive stuff whenever one mentions the term minimal. the word has worn out.
minimal as a genre name is utter sht. it basically means trance in techno's clothing. there is trance, there is techno, there is house.

at the time i joined this board, 'minimal' represented an aesthetic in techno. now, as i say, minimal = trance in disguise. i like techno. i don't like trance.

:?

examples of trance in techno clothing please.
sorry mate, i don't really have any specific examples. i don't listen to that much of other peoples music at home these days as i'm totally absorbed in developing my own sound at the moment. i live in Prague - a lot of djs here talk of minimal but they play this music that has very trancey (big) sounds combined with some of the typical production techniques pioneered within the techno / house realm. i also notice some very long crowd pleasing trancey breakdowns/drops in this music. i suppose it all comes from people jumping on the kompakt or border community styles - but people who have come from a more trance / progressive background rather than an electro / hiphop/ house / techno one.

i'm not saying it's bad music - it just makes me think of beatport and all that 'safe' generic obvious music you hear there. it's a long way from robert hood for instance.

that Aril Brikha 12" on kompakt a little while back is maybe a good example.
i think in prague man , the people confuse the genres with the music itself...
www.klubd.net nicosia
Lets Go Out!
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

Atheory wrote:
Krul wrote:smack-house. seriously....
:shock:

wow! what does smack house sound like?

about 30bpm? every steals the equipment at the end of the night?

details!!!
well, the term was invented a couple of years ago I think to describe the sound Rekid (Radioslave) used on his album "made in menorca". And yeah, the bpm is really low, around 90-80.

great music. crappy name.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

juhokusti wrote:
tone-def wrote:but thats got nothing to do with UK Garage, which i think was a joke.
true. I don´t think it has anything to do with that either.
So where does the name Garage as a genre description originate?

( Whatever you say, I still think it's stupid anyway ) :wink:

I rememebr when i was a kid and first heard the term House, then when I heard the term garage, I thought someone was taking the piss.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

what, no ones mentioned the wonderful "buttrock goa"
Which if I recall correctly, is the wonderful mash up of heavy metal and full on psytrance.
faulk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by faulk »

be~~ wrote:gabba (does it actually mean anything?)
Gabba is just another word for Gabber. I think it means "friend" in Dutch or something like that.
K0$+3k
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by K0$+3k »

drill'n'bass ;)