"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

AK wrote:I'd say you need to start looking as far back as Kraftwerk, people like Juan Atkins ( then in Cybotron ) were making Electro but it was definitely more edgy and 'leftfield' than your straight-up, run-of-the-mill electro that Bambaattaa were knocking out.

Although 'Clear' was Electro more than anything, I think it had the grounding for Techno tracks which came later, I wouldn't like to say what was the original techno track, certainly, 'strings of life' has to be there-and-abouts.

There's probably a bit of fact in there somewhere but I doubt I could put my finger on it. According to Juan Atkins, the term 'techno' came from a book.
I think it was actually Juan Atkins who said the famous words when asked about techno. "It´s like Kraftwerk and George Clinton stuck in an elevator."
okzbow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by okzbow »

and quite some house-dj's started spinning in Studio54....
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

"Mad" Mike Banks invented Techno, single handedly, on the 7th day, having finished creating Heaven and Earth...

:wink:
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

and one should always throw in a bit of Nitzer Ebb or Front 242. control, I´m here!
Reddman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Reddman »

Marcus Stork wrote:The black men in Detroit found out that saurkrat was realy good.
its more like the black men in detroit were offered a big plate of bangers and mash.