Contakt (Minus where are you going?)

- open
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

PsyTox wrote:
Torque wrote: I don't know where you're getting that from....
I'v been signed to Submerge Recordings as an artist since 2004 and i talk and hang out with the UR camp everyday and there are no hard feelings towards Richie for anything. All of us in the Submerge camp do live and breathe Techno in a way that allot of people cannot relate to and everybody fully understands what Rich is doing.
Hmm, there's also a lot of documented Mad Mike ranting to prove the opposite, Torque. It's mentioned in many documentairies and interviews of that time that they first saw richie as an intruder if you will.
Not to mention the completely racist bullshit he sometimes spewed in many interviews...

i believe you of course when you personally like Hawtin, but saying that there hasn't been "some friction" in the beginning is not exactly true, no?
Yes +8 was in competition with UR and allot of the other labels around that time and if you were from Detroit and black you would feel the same way they did too back then. I don't know of many more places that are more racially divided than Detroit.
So you say Mad Mike likes racist bullshit huh.....
Mad Mike has white artists in and around Submerge including myself. Where are all the black ones on Minus?
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

Well, there's Konrad...
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

fl0w wrote:Well, there's Konrad...
lol
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

lol
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

Torque wrote: Mad Mike has white artists in and around Submerge including myself. Where are all the black ones on Minus?
seth troxler on the items and things sublabel.

kenny larkin on plus 8.

im not a dj or collector, but those names spring quickly to mind
freeeeeee
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

true
I forgot about the kenny larkin thing which is weird because Rubbernotes is one of my old favorites. They need to repress some of that old stuff if they still got the masters.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Torque wrote: So you say Mad Mike likes racist bullshit huh.....
Mad Mike has white artists in and around Submerge including myself. Where are all the black ones on Minus?
well, I remember a pretty legendary interview with him with a dutch radio, where he wouldn't even speak directly to the interviewer because she was white, and also the stuff he talked about was extremely racist. I'll try and find the text or soundclip again, anyway, I guess the "Mad" in Mad Mike has become a lot milder over the years but back in the early 90ies ...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

don't let Torque fool you...

he's the first white guy in a decade to work with them...

and you were a slave to their record deal obligations... are you sure you are boys with them... [?]

just attempting to get a rise clifford...

` input small joke