[mow001] Franco Cangelli-Wee Funk /Russ Gabriel & Lerosa

- wax
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[mow001] Franco Cangelli-Wee Funk /Russ Gabriel & Lerosa

Post by dsat »

Mowar's first outing...

Mowar is a new label from Belgium, releasing techno and house with a preference for deep motorcity sounds.
First up will be Franco Cangelli's new ep, called Wee Funk:

Franco Cangelli - Wee Funk (+ Russ Gabriel & Lerosa remixes)

The sounds:

Wee Funk
Wee Funk - Russ Gabriel remix
Innocence In a Jar
Innocence In a Jar - Lerosa remix

Or drop by at www.myspace.com/mowar to have a listen

The feedback:

Laurent Garnier (F-Comm): yes yes yesss, just wonderful! Both the originals and the two remixes. Huuummmm, i love this kind of stuff. Many many thanks!!
Deetron (Music Man): I absolutely love the Lerosa Remix, this is exactly my cup of tea, will play that all the time! The original Wee Funk is beautiful as well - a great release all in all, thanks for that and please send more :-)
Fabrice Lig (Third Ear, Versatile): I’ve just listened. Excellent maxi! All tracks are good. It reminds me of early Titonton, dbx, Todd Sines. I love all tracks, but i have the say the Russ Gabriel remix is really something! I can’t wait to try it out this weekend! Thanks, the label is starting off well!
Paul Mac (Stimulus, Sula Muse): Thanks for the link great package to begin with digging the remixes just slightly ahead of the originals. just got a touch more to them somehow but overall a nice release I will be playing a couple from it for sure.
Chymera (Ovum, Nrk): wow. all tracks are really nice, but pipping for the a-sides.. can't decide between the original or the russ gabriel remix... great stuff.. will play and support
Shinedoe (100% Pure): I like the lerosa mix nice to listen to or as warm up tool, deep rolling beats and dubby.
Stephen Brown (Affected, Transmat): All trax are good but the lerosa rmx is my personal favourite.........(u sure it ain't Carl Craig)
Lee Holman (Ferox, Nightvision): All mixes are cracking mate!!!!!! will deffo play them all! brilliant first release man !!! big respect !
Elliott Dodge (Snapshot): Yes....and it was well worth waiting for, really feeling wee funk and I love Russ's remake, very funky and very Gabriel, all in all a quality ep which will appeal to all house and techno headz alike, really looking forward to playing this little gem.
Matt O’Brien (Offkey Industies): Thanks for the promo. These tracks are superb, proper stripped down funky detroit sh!t. Nice remixes too, particularly the Lerosa one.
Duplex (Clone): thanks for sending your wee funk ep. i listened to it. My favourite is innocence in a jar-lerosa rmx. I like the dreamy pad chords in it. Also nice drums, well done. The other tracks are funky but the sh101-liked sounds are sometimes a little too nervous for me.
Angel Molina (Minifunk, Moog): The real white funk! My biggest support (and good luck) to this newborn label.
Thomas Jaldemark (Donkboys, Trapez, Frankie): This is a really cool ep, Innoncent In A Jar is some reall great funk, but the B-side is even better. Both the original and the Russ Gabriel remix is kickass! tnx!
Yossi Amoyal (Sushitech, Pariter): wicked detroit infected release franco. both remixes are super! the russ gabriel sounds like classic too funk and the Lerosa one killer deep tune. will get play for sure!!

Relevant url’s
www.myspace.com/mowar // www.myspace.com/askonceagain // www.mowar.be (nothing to see, still under construction)
www.myspace.com/lerosa // www.feroxrecords.com

release date: early June

Distributed by Rubadub (www.rubadub.co.uk)
Stan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Stan »

Nice 8)
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

mowar puts the m into music!
big respect for franco and russ
colmenares
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by colmenares »

solid all around

looking forward to more stuff from this label from now on :idea:
Future Collective FTW!

http://colectivofuturo.com
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

A side for me! The original rocks and Russ Gabriel remix sounds really sweet!

I like it :D
Tom Dazing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tom Dazing »

full on the A side, great original and superb remix
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

yeah, ive been playing this all days since igot it :D love it! a-side is marvellous! more music like this please!
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

thanks for the words!
pressing will start next week... playing the waiting game :-)