PERCUSSION (au & vst's for MAC????)

- ask away
Doppio Malto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

PERCUSSION (au & vst's for MAC????)

Post by Doppio Malto »

Right, i'm already using microtonic, which is good, to an extent, but i wanna find a drum synth with a bit more chunk,

Interested in workin towards more wholesome sounds, more organic, ''wooden'' etc

I have had some success playing about with the microtonic and creating some nice claps etc (layering 4 or 5 patches ontop of one another, varied attack etc)

But i was just wondering has anyone any nice other synth or drummachines that are FREE and they could reccomend

about to buy ''waldorf attack''

but always open to findin new gems

even any effects that could aid my goal

THANK YOU
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: PERCUSSION (au & vst's for MAC????)

Post by AK »

Doppio Malto wrote: more organic, ''wooden''
FM synthesis would yeild a lot of those sounds, not free and not a drum machoine but FM8 is really cool. It can create complete sequences too so would be a source of original loops for your library.

I'm not sure of any free stuff that's any good to be honest. I like drum synth, that's free and you can create very good sounds from it. Would be useful if it were a plugin though.

Absynth can make prety much anything but again, not free and very deep too.

You might be interested in the linplug drum machine / synth when it comes out, I'm waiting for this release as it looks like it might fill a gap for me.

http://www.linplug.com/Instruments/RMV/rmv.htm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I think linplug already have a drum synth on the market.
Tekcap
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tekcap »

Waldorf Attack is great for percussion!
async
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by async »

Personally I find that you'll do best with a synth patch layered on top of some carefully enveloped samples. Save your cash and buy a recorder like the edirol r09 or one of the many other great field recorders on the market, and then record actual taps on actual wood. Record the same hit many times and then layer them, and then add some nice synthesized patch on the top.
_Mark
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

yes for percussion sounds i use vopm, ck-dram_d, drummachine r8 by kl audio, riss_duo. the only one that costs money is the r8 drummachine, and it costs all of 5 dollars. they all sound great and have interesting characteristics to them. every one of these excluding vopm were made in max/msp and run through pluggo runtime. give them a try, i really like them.
clique
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clique »

Defiantly worth checking out Sculpture which ships with Logic. It's quite hard to get your head around the signal flow to begin with but it has loads of potential! Glass Viper is also worth checking out. Not gone to far into the programing of it yet but the presets sound quite good. Something to think about eh....