DJ Support?

- wax

Do feedback by "known" DJs affect your sales?

Poll ended at Thu May 15, 2008 7:16 am

Yes, I tend to buy the music if its recommanded by DJ I like
2%
Sometimes. Feedback catches my curiosity.
46%
No. I only buy if its good.
47%
No, I'm more into word of mouth and my friend's suggestion
6%

Total votes: 107

phiorio
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phiorio »

Rich wrote:Case in point - Uto Karem and Joseph Capriati, recently posted in this section. Gives a list of DJs playing the tracks, then gives a list of feedback:

* tnx ! love this one… . deff will play it
* Nice 4 track E.P !!!Here my fave InsideOut, will play it a lot.
* another great work... top stuff! i'll play Insideout and fragile...
* We likes a lot all tracks, rolling techno funk ! AMAZING RELEASE !
* i like so much all the track but the one i will play for sure is alive, thanks
* Uto Karem tracks ..i lov 'em...good job Umberto.
* Will be play this ep a lot… great work
* Agile 002 rocks, my fav are a1 & b1
* works for me. pretty groovy stuff.

Yeah, but who even said these nice things about your record? Your mom?! These quotes are totally, totally pointless, and because he doesn't even tell us who is supposed to have said these comments, how do we know he didn't just write them all himself?!

Once again - audio clips are the way forward =)
yes, at least they should mention who left these quotes....
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

If I see Magda's name on the list of DJ support I'll generally check the track out. As I find I have very similar taste.
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

I like, I buy.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

actually i dont like this promosystem where you listen before you download, how are you suppose to give feedback when you can't even mix the tunes or listen where you want?

i hatealso hate listening by streaming, and usually all those kind of flashplayers are dodgy programmed also :(

never listen to stuff on myspace anymore because of this..

its all facebooks fault!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

way off topic, but Thomas, what's with the duck? :p
stavostrand
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stavostrand »

as an artist and not dj myself the feedback is really important .. I wanna know who will play at the clubs and how the response was ..

cheers.mikael.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

thing is, i rec this board is for the music heads, so its unlikley that anyone here would care about dj feedback as they'll be set on defining themselves as an artist with their own sound and not wanting to copy or play too many big tracks for whatever reason. The dj feedback i think is more aimed at the HMV dj no? people that are new to the scene and are fairly clueless, they see such an such dj playing it and go seek it out because as we all know immatation is usualy a stepping stone on the road to finding ones sound. Also I think record shops would use the feedback on their blurb to flog the wax too. Sorry if any of this has been said b4 but i couldnt be arsed to read the whole thread thru, jus my 2 pence :)
x
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

MarcAshken wrote:thing is, i rec this board is for the music heads, so its unlikley that anyone here would care about dj feedback as they'll be set on defining themselves as an artist with their own sound and not wanting to copy or play too many big tracks for whatever reason. The dj feedback i think is more aimed at the HMV dj no? people that are new to the scene and are fairly clueless, they see such an such dj playing it and go seek it out because as we all know immatation is usualy a stepping stone on the road to finding ones sound. Also I think record shops would use the feedback on their blurb to flog the wax too. Sorry if any of this has been said b4 but i couldnt be arsed to read the whole thread thru, jus my 2 pence :)
x
What is HMV?