Magda's recordbag stolen

- open
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

patrick bateman wrote:Is this something everybody has seen, because I never saw this in Denmark, Germany and UK, where I have been partying the most.
Neil Landstrumm had either his 909 or 303 swiped at a gig here in the UK, he told me about it once and said that he got it back - turned out that guy who had stole it was known to the promoters who got a posse together and retrieved it, I wouldn't like to have been in his shoes....

There's always a danger of this sort of thing happening, and unfortunately, If people get carried away it makes it all the more likely.

I dunno - I expect it probably happened more back in the day, there certaily were a lot more gangsters running around at events (in the UK anyway - I dunno about abroad) - to me , techno clubs seem a much safer place to be these days, the crowd isn't so criminal looking and there's more of a wide selection of people.

Anyway - back to the point - this isn't a new thing, but my heart goes out to Magda, it's a shitty thing to happen, and no - It's hardly her fault If it got stolen, but I'd say that security is always an issue at these sorts of things and should never be taken likely.

It's not just people stealing that's the issue - I've in the past taken an issue with people crowding me when I'm playing or generally being in the box/sound/light booth from a safety point of view.

Once when I was doing Sound and helping with Equipment at a club Speedy J was playing a girl burnt her arm on a power pack from some of Jochem's equipment - I happened to be helping tidy up the equipment and had to push her arm off it cos I knew it would be hot - she never noticed until afterwards and had a big burn mark on her arm to show for her night out.

Thing is - it's always been my impression that the Bouncers should have more of an active role in this sort of thing, but to be honest - I find most bouncers to be a law unto themselves.

Other times I've had punters climbing up on stage and trying to pull cables out of drum machines etc, thinking they are helping to clear up.

Basic fact - people on drugs and drink are unpredictable, and must be kept away from expensive and/or potentially dangerous equipment at all costs If you want to avoid injury, theft or mindless destruction.
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

AVX23 wrote: Basic fact - people on drugs and drink are unpredictable, and must be kept away from expensive and/or potentially dangerous equipment at all costs If you want to avoid injury, theft or mindless destruction.
:idea:
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

Bummer for Magda. Stealing shouldn't happen in any way shape or form. IMO prevention is the number 1 way of avoiding situations like this from happening again like certain people here have mentioned, even though ultimately one can't avoid these things from ocurring. Now I don't know if any of these artists do this but one would think that any of these big time artists ala the Minus crew should have back ups of their sh!t. I for one always back up my sh!t, you just never know if your pc crashes, motherboard fries, hard drive gives out, whatever. If someone steals your sh!t but you have back ups of your sh!t, at least you'll have that to fall on and not lose your stuff entirely. That's the advantage of having a computer as opposed to just vinyl where you're just straight out fucked is someone steals your sh!t. Advise to everyone, back up your files!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I really hope that's basic knowledge to everyone dj'ing digitally.
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

This is fucked up..

But i don't think some one can acces her files on her macbook. It's protected with a password for sure..

But still i don't get it why someone would do this... :cry:
Elektric Salsa
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

slickrick wrote: But i don't think some one can acces her files on her macbook. It's protected with a password for sure..
of course they can, if they want to.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

slickrick wrote:It's protected with a password for sure..
im sure your apartment/house has a key, but that won't burglars from gettin in ;)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

If you hear some unreleased hearthrobs, tractile or clickbox etc tracks being played in your local club by a dj with an undeserved sense of accomplishment, you'll know who the culprit is.. other than that there is not much to be done i guess..

Maybe the clubowner knows more about cameras and who is allowed behind the dj booth. Most likely its some minimal noob who knows the owner/organiser.