Thats' wank!!

I hope she has everything backed up!
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

I don't remember the name of the software off hand, but it installs iteselfs as a service in windows and basically looks like any other common windows module if you bring up the task manager.

What the program does is runs silently in the background(as a service), it has an extremely small footprint, whenever the computer boots up to windows and every so often(set amount of time configurable) and detects internet it phones in to a server and creates a log of its current IP and Network data. It is basically Lojack for Computers because when you login to that server and get the IP and info you can take it to the authorities and they can show up on the doorstep of wherever the computer logged in on the internet.

I'll go look at my laptop when I get a chance and find out what the software is.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Bareknuckle wrote: I'll go look at my laptop when I get a chance and find out what the software is.
I'd love to know.
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

pheek wrote:
Bareknuckle wrote: I'll go look at my laptop when I get a chance and find out what the software is.
I'd love to know.
Actually I was mistaken, the program I was referring to is actually an interface to it, the actual software is embedded into the bios, it is called computrace. http://www.absolute.com/

Mine was installed from the factory, they do have an aftermarket version that works as I described before called "LoJack for Laptops"
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i was thinking about looking in to that software.

i payed the extra cash to get the finger print scanner on my lenovo laptop for extra security. i'm sure its defeatable, but from what i've gathered, its not easy. i know i've had a couple people see me boot up and use my finger print to log in, and they always make conversation about it - definitely glad i got it on my computer.
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

element.8 wrote:i was thinking about looking in to that software.

i payed the extra cash to get the finger print scanner on my lenovo laptop for extra security. i'm sure its defeatable, but from what i've gathered, its not easy. i know i've had a couple people see me boot up and use my finger print to log in, and they always make conversation about it - definitely glad i got it on my computer.
Problem is measures like that are are rather easy to circumvent. Best thing anyone can do to protect their stuff is prevention, by keeping track of your things. IE: keeping them on you or in front of you.
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

I seriously think this act was made by a fan. Fans, in their attempt to be the superstar, do things that are not normal, e.g. stealing Magda's laptop.

Getting better dance shoes doesn't make you a better dancer.
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

i think this is really very sad. :(
my deepest love to magda.
zero.