mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

SH-101

And Vermona MKIII controlled by Korg
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

i just got my machinedrum UW one week ago, so for the moment it is my preferred piece of hardware
viva hate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by viva hate »

Andre schrama wrote:
im gonna buy them to.
great hardware.

do you also have the extra box to load samples in the machine, or only the standard presets?
If you mean the User Wave option, which means I can load samples and also resample live, yes I have that. Wouldn't wanna live without it, even though I also have an MPC and a S-1100. The live sampling thing is really amazing!
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

viva hate wrote:
Andre schrama wrote:
im gonna buy them to.
great hardware.

do you also have the extra box to load samples in the machine, or only the standard presets?
If you mean the User Wave option, which means I can load samples and also resample live, yes I have that. Wouldn't wanna live without it, even though I also have an MPC and a S-1100. The live sampling thing is really amazing!
Good to hear because also thinking to buy a MD
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

STML wrote:I've had it about a week. Loving it so far :)

Oh sh!t. I bet you do like it!!!!!!!!1
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

thom wrote:

Oh sht. I bet you do like it!!!!!!!!1
damn straight - that's a lovely piece of gear :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AVX23 wrote:
steevio wrote:moogerfoogers, sherman filterbank,
but i'm really getting back into my SH101's again, i keep feeling the lack of velocity sensitivity stops me using them as much as i'd like, but when i do a tune with them, i fall in love all over again, and you can get round it by using them for bassy sounds, then the velocity isnt so important, bass is either their or it isnt.
they sound mint.
Grabbing myself a 101 this week if I get a minute - my mate's moving house and I'm going to go grab one we've swapped between us over the years.

I used to use it as a carrier signal for an old hardware vocoder I had, and then gave it to him, so now it comes back to me, and I might now be able to use it properly.

The great thing about this 101 is it was originally found in a shed of an old music teacher, his school had bought it not knowing what to do with it, and it had gone to rot.

It was really harsh sounding when we 1st got a hold of it - cleaning didn't make any difference.

But one day I dropped it, and it now sounds tidy :)
ha ha, i'm using one of my 101's for shaker sounds at the minute, and if you bang it on the side you get a different shaker sound out of it, i'm using it live, so when i need a change in the top end, i give it a bang. its semi-random, but always sounds good.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i recently had the choice to buy either one of these or a voyager, after offloading some synths i dont use, i chose the voyager, cos i always wanted one, and its absolutely awesome, but when i can afford it, the prophet 8 is next on the list. i tried one out, and it was mint.