my little boy is recovering in hospital

- open
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

nice to see him walking!!!!!!!!! :) outthere in the sun and smiling!!!
he will learn all the the things you mentioned. i thinkhe is on a good move.
just time and pation is needed, but you got what is needed!

thx for the update. best wishes to andre, he´s the man! so strong!
and also to you and your family! your great!

greetz from germany! :)
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

very very good news!
i can only say

gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Awesome to hear that Andre is doing so much better, just in time for spring.

All the best with the next stages ~ you guys are so strong.

That smile says so much :)
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
raggy11
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raggy11 »

just a question why did you put this up on this forum?? :?:
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

raggy11 wrote:just a question why did you put this up on this forum?? :?:
imho it is because we are not only interested in music, we are also interested in persons and we appreciate that he wanted to share with us this difficult moment and how andré is improving. in my case, the last two pictures made my day :wink:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

to generate a melting pot of good wishes..

:)

- baby steps / baby steps / walking / right arm / speech..

so nice to see a new update..

keep them coming.

:D
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

dude hope all is well...
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

thanks john and andres

i will give an honest answer to you raggy..some other people may not care to read this.. before my son's accident, i spent a lot of time lurking and posting on this board, checking for new releases and sets etc, enjoying posting in the picture encounter thread and so on. djing, leading a charmed existence really.

andre's accident put all that in the backseat and into a perspective of necessity, but at the time of my original post, i had dropped home for some supplies for our bedside vigil at the paediatric intensive care unit. i suppose i just needed to express my sadness, also having a blind hope that people's well wishes and prayers would in some way help my son. you would have heard the expression that there are no atheists in foxholes no?

my partner and i, myself in particular, drew a lot of strength from people's encouragement and sympathy in this forum. i'd like to thank you all for that. so much. you have no idea.

i thought after my original post, i would post updates of his progress by way of thanks, photos of our son smiling, showing how beautiful he is. we have other photos, not so nice, you would not like them if you saw them and i hope you never experience a similar situation. if you have, my condolences.

if you have children you will know the depth of love that you can feel. to see your child laying there in a coma for weeks with a head the size of a fucking soccer ball, unrecognizable with a large part of his skull missing, fighting for his life and being powerless to help him.. um that's pretty much what we went through and might give you some idea. not something i have shared here before, sorry to do so now, have just come home from a gig and am winding down, probably not in the best state of mind at 4am, my apologies.

a couple of times i thought i would msg the mods of this forum, and ask them to delete this thead, but i thought not, the thread itself is pretty much a journal of andre's progress, and possibly offers encouragement to all of us. i suppose as it doesn't get posted in, natural attrition will see it fade.

i don't know, does that answer your question? i'm sorry, like i said before, am a bit tired at the moment, i might not be making as much sense as i would like. maybe i've just been rambling on too much.

but once again thankyou for the wellwishes, it does offer some light when times have been dark.

derek