- ask away
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Techhouse help needed

Post by Roqqert »

help needed :

http://www.speedyshare.com/657707840.html

workin on this track but i wanna make some more melodic information. Any tips ? I end up too fuckin spacy. at least i want to keep it loungie not ambient kinda

thanks in advance !
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Why don't you keep it the way it comes out from you? I don't get people who hold themselves for something other than them. Think about it.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

+1

keep it natural
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

I've seen this type of comment a few times on this forum, and whilst its kind of fair enough, i think its ok to ask for help with stuff.

It just Seems like a lot of people who give advice about things being "natural" etc are still churning out some of the most generative sounds and productions ever. Isn't it ok for someone to ask for help with a production detail than fall into the trap of thinking what they are doing is unique because they haven't the humility to ask for help?

99% of unreleased dance music i that i hear isn't natural or original in absolutely any way, and a way to stop that could be by asking or learning about production so as to further your sounds.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a forum? Don't more experienced producers have a duty to try and help those who ASK FOR HELP?

Roqqert- I'm at work but will give the track a listen later and see if i can help at all, not sure i will be able to, but there may be something.
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

the problem is.... there is no thing that i can blast into my track. I dont know how i should go further. In my opinion nothing to do with copying other stuff or be original. You can also be original with advice. Advice will always be something the producer himself will accept or decline and if he accepts it, hell use it in his own way. Probably not in the way you ment.

anyway thanks for listening and for the comments thou. its if somebody say : keep it naturel. It's my choice to accept or decline
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Atheory wrote:
99% of unreleased dance music i that i hear isn't natural or original in absolutely any way

Could you please explain how do you understand if someones music doesn't come out natural from him? I would love to know that. Thanks.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

make all your samples snappy and dont add any effects to them -

resample your stuff with effects, then chop them up and be real clear as to where something stops - doing that will create that snappy what the fck was that type thing

if you drown your sh!t with effects - your gonna get the instant dub effect nomatter what
signatures suck
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

plaster wrote:
Atheory wrote:
99% of unreleased dance music i that i hear isn't natural or original in absolutely any way

Could you please explain how do you understand if someones music doesn't come out natural from him? I would love to know that. Thanks.
I think you missed my point.

You tell someone to make music "naturally" but mostly the end result of that is a track that sounds like a million others. There is nothing unique or special about that for me. To the writer and a few of his friends maybe, but for the impartial listener, no.

Its like quoting someone else's lines from a book, it doesn't take any imagination at all.

Whilst asking people for advice, reading about production, listening to records....educating yourself!.....about music, is something that should be encouraged, not censored.

bottom line is...the guy asks for help to make his records sound better.

Ask yourself, what part of you is reluctant to help him?