[TTT23] Orlando Voorn - Dungeon Boogie (Remixes)

- wax
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[TTT23] Orlando Voorn - Dungeon Boogie (Remixes)

Post by patrick bateman »

ImageImage

Image Image

Artist: Orlando Voorn
Title: Dungeon Boogie Remixed
Cat.: TTT 023
Format: Vinyl 12” + Digital
Release date: Vinyl: March 26 - Beatport: April 9
Style: Techno / Minimal / Tech-House

Tracks (click to listen):
A1 Dungeon Boogie (Original Mix) - 7:45
A2 Dungeon Boogie (Morten Fresh & Lasse Lovelace Remix) - 8:08
B1 Dungeon Boogie (Blagger Remix) - 6:02
B2 Dungeon Boogie (Skyboy Remix) - 9:07

It’s a true, bonafide legend, that Tic Tac Toe Records have gotten on our roster this time. And using the L-word this isn’t just loud mouthing – it’s Orlando Voorn, man! His track Dungeon Boogie totally met our stratospheric expectations – and did the three smashing remixes!

Voorn really needs no introduction, he’s been an active player as DJ and producer since the early 90es, has released on KMS, R&S, Submerge, Gigolo and many more, and had a huge impact on the Europe/US connection.

Two well known Danes, Fresh & Lovelace, were first on remix duty this time. Fresh is known for his work with Matt Vega on earlier TTT releases, and Lovelace from his Lasergun and MIS Rec involvement. They have turned the original funked and boogied track the deep and dubby way and supplied with a very catchy melody. Sizzling.

Blagger is a new act from Copenhagen, consisting of Lars Gregers and Simon Damborg. They have been signed to Tic Tac Toe for releases and more remixes, so expect more from them during 2008. In this remix, they carve out a slice of their unique techno’ish sound - and it rocks! Bigtime! Floor filler guarantee!

Last remix is from Italian newcomer, Skyboy. He has an EP out on Toy For Boys Rec., but we were among the first to recognize his talents. This remix gives a good insight into why he’s one up and coming minimal producer to watch out for in the future.

Reynold (Trenton): I LOVE THE ORIGINAL.. will play for sure :-)

Jeff Bennet: Blagger remix def hits my weak spot right into my playlist and next Proton mix.

Con (De:Bug / Berlin): I am not too fond of the original, but I think the remixes are great. Especially Blagger's minimal rework I will play. It puts the sample from the original track into a really new context and emphasizes its strong effect. Great work! Skyboy's remix is also cool - very dark indeed and one for the big room....

Karotte: Good track and remixes, but not for me.

Marc Ashken: Quite like the original, good atmosphere to it, nothing I'd play thou unfortunately.

De:Bug Magazine (Germany):
Fast schon seitdem ich denken kann, genau gesagt, seitdem ich auflege, begleitet mich Orlando Voorn. Da muss man sich ja irgendwie näherkommen. "Dungeon Boogie" ist ein Boogie, auch wenn ich nie verstanden habe was das ist, und ein wenig unheimlich (das wiederum kenn ich genau). Und so daneben, so außergewöhnlich, und doch so einfach und überzeugend, dass man einfach weiß, warum Orlando immer wieder zur rechten Zeit aufkreuzt. Gerne hätte ich noch mehr Tracks von ihm gehört, statt drei halbgare Remixe, die dem Track alles an Originalität wegnehmen.
bleed•••••-•••

IDJ Magazine (UK):
One of Holland’s handful of techno pioneers is happily exhumed by Danish label Tic Tac Toe, in the form of this gnarly blend of churning bass thuds, sinister rave chimes, and pokey synth squawks. More modern-sounding remixes come from Blagger, Fresh & Lovelace and Skyboy, but stick with the original for maximum stomp appeal.

Available at the usual suspects, among these are:
Decks.de
Juno.co.uk

Enjoy Image Image Image
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

skyboy for me, great remix in pure c2 style.
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

:D I like the original one and Blagger's remix!!!

Cool release! :wink:
SkyBoy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by SkyBoy »

betzy wrote:skyboy for me, great remix in pure c2 style.
GREAAAT BZ....ahahahaha :D Let's go with C2 style!
myspace.com/skyboyloveselectronicmusic

" In the beginning there was JACK,
and JACK had a GROOVE ! "
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

D4RKFORCE wrote::D I like the original one and Blagger's remix!!!

Cool release! :wink:
Thanks Oscar 8)
sonofradiator
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sonofradiator »

Nice one - this was one of the first records I heard being cut at work :) It's all about the original for me

Bring on the Swat Squad release too 8)
S-Max & Spatial
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71085/

facebook.com/schmorgasbord
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

sonofradiator wrote:Bring on the Swat Squad release too 8)
Coming in May :twisted:
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

sonofradiator wrote:Nice one - this was one of the first records I heard being cut at work :) It's all about the original for me

Bring on the Swat Squad release too 8)
+1 :D