Fabric: worst night club in Europe?

- open
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

only went to fabric once. september 2006 for a m-nus night. was exactly the same as people described - the overcrowding just destroyed it...

good layout, sound, music and so on - none mean a thing if it is overcrowded. you cant enjoy music when it is like rush hour in tokyo...

Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

Atheory wrote:
Dardis wrote:The most ridiculous thread on here by a mile. I go to Fabric every month & the atmosphere is always great, superb acts & the sound system is easily the best in the world. After a spate of taxi cab attacks on women the club started running cabs from the front door - which other clubs have customer care like that?

I went to the Minus night at The End at the back end of last year & encountered the same kind of crowd attitude. Perhaps that's just the kind of thing you get at Minus nights nowadays (they are incredibly popular) - that's got sweet FA to do with the club though. Roll on Villalobos Saturday!
customer care should extend to not packing people into an overcrowded room. the reason they do the cab thing is probably more to do with it affecting the amount of women there, its a business after all.

as for the sound system being not just "the best" but "easily the best in the world", as seems to be the theme of the tread when people make ludicrious comments....

"you need to get out more"
Not as ludicrous as describing it as the worst club in Europe - have you been to Redhill Liquid/Envy home of the spinback? Fair play on the overcrowding comment though they always overdo the numbers. People who didn't get in are slagging the place off & people who did are too. It doesn't do their reputation any favours
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

To be honest for me it wasnt one of the most overcrowded nights ive been to in fabric at all. Probably because every room had an excelllent lineup and it was kinda more distributed.
I had no problems all night and always managed to find a space for me and my friend to bust some moves!
Specially at the later hours.

Regarding the soundsystem.... well, someone tell me where I can find something better and Im there!
okzbow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by okzbow »

actually Fabric is quite a good club! Lots of bouncers, people arranging the taxi’s, toilets, etc etc etc… really good infrastructure! And also ordering drinks in such a rammed venue are excellent!

But…. I had quite a terrible night. Came there with high expectations… But my god it was way too crowded, with scary dudes from Pakistan with hookers… and lots of arrogant Italians, that rather want to go through you, pushing, screaming, and giving you ugly faces…

Magda was fun in the beginning, but 3hours is too much for her, after 1,5 your she got quite boring. Carola was ok, but the same as Richie, bass on… bass off… bass on… bass off… and so on… and so on…. Adam Beyer really good as always!
raggy11
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raggy11 »

fabric will be better this week with lobos.

oh yes :P
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

I was there! I had such a fun night; it was like a mini festival in there, so much going on! Regarding all the negative comments about the club, I went, knowing it would be absolutely rammed so I was expecting that anyway. I was really impressed with Hector who was on before Troy in room3, he played really deep smooth House and Techno which is the kind of stuff I’m really feeling at the moment and when Troy came on, for the first hour he smashed it in there, amazing chunky beats coming from the guy, I love room3 when it kicks off with a good DJ and it really suited his sound. It doesn’t happen very often, the last time it was that good was with Omar S last year. Anyway I thought Troy kind of petered out after the first hour and ran out of steam, so we went to catch up with friends and eventually went to check Magda. She must have done something completely different for the first hour because once I got there I found her sound very uninspiring – too much over compressed music with the same baselines. Anyway I do have a lot of time for Magda so I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and check her again at some point. I do always find her sets wicked for a 2 hour funkathon, but I always loose interest when she plays any longer, I don’t feel she has enough surprises or diversity to keep me interested.

Checked a bit of Carola, who played some cool thashy techno at a few points, but went back to check out Gaiser and to see if he has evolved his style into something other than the usual. I was only stood on the outside of the dancefloor so couldn’t judge properly, but to be honest he sounded exactly the same as he has done for the last few years, so was pretty boring. When I first heard Egress back in 05 and also his first live PA which was on here it completely blew me away, but since then for me he’s never reached the same heights. Although respect for even being able to produce a track as good as Egress, it’s not his fault it started an army of less talented copiers to his style which hasn’t helped him really.

Anyway regarding Hawtin, I didn’t really get amongst it for most of his set due to it being so rammed. Some stuff was pretty cool and really thrashy/rocking but it was too much of the usual ‘Hawtin show’ which I have become slightly bored of these days – i.e too much playing to the crowd, base drops etc etc. But from 8.30 onwards, when they opened the stage and there was finally enough room on the dancefloor to breath and get involved, he completely redeemed himself and played to the standard I was hoping for! Really creative mixing, some amazing Techno, I mean from deep blissful stuff to real powerful basey stuff, and he really started to control the soundsystem and crowd in his trademark way. It was wicked to hear some cool retro house tracks towards the end of the night as well (a bit of a nod to the current house wave I think). I’m sure their probs the only mid-90’s house/techno tracks which RPR don’t have! He played one which had the vocals from an old speed garage track I had, they went something like ‘reach for me…’. Must have been the orginal track with those vocals, anyway was wicked :D

Anyway as well as the music and the pushing and shoving, I thought the atmosphere was amazing. Sometimes fabric can be cold but when it gets it right, you can have some amazing nights in there. And oh yeh…THAT soundsyetem!!

Post by Silky »

chrisdisco wrote:only went to fabric once. september 2006 for a m-nus night. was exactly the same as people described - the overcrowding just destroyed it...

good layout, sound, music and so on - none mean a thing if it is overcrowded. you cant enjoy music when it is like rush hour in tokyo...

ahh what a night that was, best iv seen hawtin, was an utter onslaught, incredible
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Silky wrote:
chrisdisco wrote:only went to fabric once. september 2006 for a m-nus night. was exactly the same as people described - the overcrowding just destroyed it...
ahh what a night that was, best iv seen hawtin, was an utter onslaught, incredible
really? i thought hawtin was really subpar that night. the first 30 minutes or so were mindblowing then he completely lost it after that. he couldnt build a coherent set, just going from sound to sound.