Fabric: worst night club in Europe?

- open
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

tone-def wrote:you should blame M_nus for their stupid 10 weeks of silence hype!
i don't think that minus are to blame. most, if not all of the people that i heard talking in the que had no idea that i was a minus party and were just there because it was fabric. also the fact that it was the easter weekend meant that more people than usual were out partying.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

How was Gaiser, by the way? Cool new tracks?
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

re.vise wrote:How was Gaiser, by the way? Cool new tracks?
I thought Gaiser was very good, heard some new material which sounded nice so im curious to lsten to his new releases most of it had his signature sound all over it but i remember some "newish" sounds.

On the other hand, I would never say Fabric is one of the worst clubs in europe AT ALL. The person/s who say that should have checked out some of the local clubs in my hometown some years ago. The techno parties managed to attract a very special breed of "bad boys" equivalent to the pikies (not sure of spelling) in england. Only a few of us would be there for the music/artist all the rest just thought it was cool music to take drugs with.
So the atmosphere wasnt very nice and felt quite tense all the time, in fabric i've managed to meet ppl which are now my friends and with whom I meet regularly for some beers or whatever.

Anyway, in my opinion a club which manages to book so many good artist week after week with such an incredible sound system cannot be called the worst club in europe just because of a bunch of ppl spoiling someone's night out. Just move around when someone bothers you.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

that was the most rammed i've seen fabric. it's a real shame they overfilled it cause I thought they were above that.

I think to get the best out of Fabric though you need to be well prepared. Either by trying to go on a quiet night, or going on a busy one but knowing what to expect.

I actually had a good night on Saturday. Room 2 usually had some space, and met some cool people whilst finding space to breathe in the smoking area.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

Rich wrote:Techno never used to be cool. There were never posers before. What is happening? Is this happenig around Europe, are are we the only "lucky" ones in the UK?!
i'd put this down to a combination of ibiza with DC-10/cocoon and berlin and its massive party scene... both these places have been churning out some great parties.. which filters back to most of the european countries... i know for sure i started hearing the current techno/house sound more and more from about 2005 onwards... it started bubbling through probably 03/04, then got big in 05 and was massive by 06...

plus by 03/04 i think techno was slowing down... it went through a period of being really hard and banging which isnt as accessible for the majority... slowing down the bpms defo made it more accesible...
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

oblioblioblio wrote:that was the most rammed i've seen fabric. it's a real shame they overfilled it cause I thought they were above that.

I think to get the best out of Fabric though you need to be well prepared. Either by trying to go on a quiet night, or going on a busy one but knowing what to expect.

I actually had a good night on Saturday. Room 2 usually had some space, and met some cool people whilst finding space to breathe in the smoking area.
it wasn't overfilled according to other sources... it seemed rammed as everyone went to room 1... room 3 emptied out fairly early on... and room 2 got some breathing space come hawtin time...

it was very busy, but thats definately the busiest i've ever seen it... friday nights are ridiculous... one scratch perverts night i saw the queue actually back at farringdon tube station...
raggy11
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raggy11 »

i missed this one as it was going to be to busy.

going lobos next week as last time he was there he was pimp.

hate the gays that kiss in front of you in there. fucks me right off
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

raggy11 wrote:hate the gays that kiss in front of you in there. fucks me right off
Hmmm... I think they hav the same right as u kissing ur girl. :roll: