Macbook Pro..

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I think he meant that you don't need so powerful video card if ur just making music with it.

But macbook doesn't come with a 2.6 Ghz processor...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
LewisO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by LewisO »

Robot Criminal wrote:I think he meant that you don't need so powerful video card if ur just making music with it.

Is a 2.6 Ghz processor really necessary? Im also looking into getting a Macbook purely for music production. I don't think I can afford a Macbook pro so would an ordinary macbook be sufficient with the following spec?

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory

Thanks
patrickmrd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by patrickmrd »

hello ,do you know what your talking about,a guy from a music shop told you this,a macbook pro too powerfull for music production they should send the guy home straight away.unbelieveable this topic,

gear
macbook pro
korg zero8
novation remote sl 25
focusrite liquidmix
tons of vst and fx plugins

see
ya
mystic rain drops sound manipulation
wtf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wtf »

I want the fastest I can afford.
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

LewisO wrote:
Robot Criminal wrote:I think he meant that you don't need so powerful video card if ur just making music with it.

Is a 2.6 Ghz processor really necessary? Im also looking into getting a Macbook purely for music production. I don't think I can afford a Macbook pro so would an ordinary macbook be sufficient with the following spec?

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory

Thanks
2.4 is great as well :) (consider the upgrade to 4gb RAM... will work fine without at 2GB though)
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

LewisO wrote:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory

Thanks
the more, the better.
it is what it is.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
ano.phi
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ano.phi »

ec50 wrote:
LewisO wrote:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory

Thanks
2.4 is great as well :) (consider the upgrade to 4gb RAM... will work fine without at 2GB though)
Aye. If you can save a bit of money getting a 2.4 instead of a 2.6 and spend that money on 2x the amount of ram then... Yea, do that. :p
www.myspace.com/anosound
www.myspace.com/phisound

communikey.us/festival - Boulder Electronic Music Festival April '08
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrickmrd wrote:hello ,do you know what your talking about,a guy from a music shop told you this,a macbook pro too powerfull for music production they should send the guy home straight away.unbelieveable this topic,

gear
macbook pro
korg zero8
novation remote sl 25
focusrite liquidmix
tons of vst and fx plugins

see
ya
I was only asking the question cause the guy confused me, then I get silly people like you asking me do i know what im on about!?. Why do you feel the need to speak to me like im a 5 year old?