resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

first time i heard the original track....thanks for the link.

the original is an absolutely high dynamic, wonderful piece of music imo.
as long as i did'nt heard the full lenght villalobos edit ( i have to buy it, i guess) i can't judge if he does justice to it (i think he does). I really appreciate his approach of bringing visions into clubmusic. in parts i try to do the same..... celebrating a state of emotion, based on chants, "real" instruments and percussion and the good old clubmusic formula :-)

after hearing of the usual 40sec- 1.50min. samples of the V. edit on the net, i think it's too "loopy" to bring justice to the original.....(i have to buy the whole lenght 12" i guess).

too bad that i live too far away to ask him some questions myself.....
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

i just heard the original track a few times again.
It's brilliant ! just the way i adore it for the intimate hours of living, like steve reich or Alog and Übertonmensch and taylor Deupree.................

I just have to get it in a Clubcontext..........
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

I love how he sampled Magma here. Magma is one of my top bands ever !!! They are so cool !

:)
love2dance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by love2dance »

The vocals are from Christian Vander's Baba Yaga La Sorcière released in 1995. As I heard, the song is an old quire song, I could be wrong though.

Emil Lassaria's track Copii lui Luciano, which in english means Copies of Luciano if copii is spelled with 2 i or Luciano's Kids is it's spelled with 3 i (I don't know how exacly it was supposed to be spelled) was a cut from a Luciano set and is a bit re-edited so he can use it for playing it for friends at private parties...

One of his CD's got stolen so I think that Lassaria is not a thief, but he should really look at his friends...
Mise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mise »

Does anyone else find this tough to mix out of?
minimill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by minimill »

having this finally on 12", i think it's pretty easy to mix in and out of and, at the right moment, really creates some magic.
any playing of the track out, however, does immediately beg comparisons to luciano and ricardo playing it, so in that way it is a little dangerous. but i think that as a tool it is devastatingly effective.