I think livecollective means ridiculous in a good way. :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hydrogen wrote:I think livecollective means ridiculous in a good way. :D
i thought i was missing some sort of pun on the REDiculous front ha ha, :)
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

haha, no i am not quiche enough for even a pun :(...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

fair play mate,
:)
round here we say rough,
echocord
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by echocord »

yeah steevio - i think, it is important for label,artist and mastering engineer not to expect a L-O-O-O-U-D or "perfectly limited" demo.. the only important thing except good music is a round mixdown, which is transparent and has every sound in its own position..
often i get really flat-limited tracks to master and with every degree of compression it is harder for me to work with it..
so guys don't try to deliver the loudest demo or keep your UNmastered tracks on your hdd for the case, that your (loud) demo get accepted ;)
every mastering engineer will be very glad
:lol:
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

andei wrote:
steevio wrote:
yes in a basic sense, but i would do a lot more than just add one note.
ive created entire tunes out of delays of one single sound delayed in three or four time signatures, with each one doing something different. i never think 'delayed sound' i think 'delayed midi' , which means those midi -notes can be doing anything you want, morphing into other sounds etc.
sorry if i get curious, but i think you may have opened a door in to a whole area unknown by me.
what do you mean by "those midi-notes can be doing anything they want"?.
my only "knowledge" of MIDI is that is a, i don't know, protocol, that makes my virtual synths sound when i press the keys in my controller. So any key i would press on the controller keyboard would make the vst play THAT note, and if i wanted any sound changes i would have to program them in the synthesizer, but the relation between the controller and the PC would remain the same, just the whole sound would change.
So how the MIDI notes would be "doing anything, morphing into other sounds,etc??
I'm missing a really BIG picture am i ?

Sorry if it isn't very clear, english can get difficult to me.
sorry mate i never answered you, its where you send those midi notes that count. in your sequencer you can clone the midi patterns and send them wherever you like. this is the advantage you have working with midi as opposed to audio. you are working with patterns as opposed to finite objects.
mrgreynoise

Post by mrgreynoise »

Does anybody here have experience getting stuff mastered by Nilesh @ The Exchange?
oz_music
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oz_music »

man made mastering
tim xavier.word