Loop-Fix

- ask away
Jamal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Loop-Fix

Post by Jamal »

Hello..

I try to make techno music for a long time, but i never sure about my loops..
Is the beat working are the sounds fit with each other...
One thing i know the loop still very empty
So here is an example from a loop ,, O yes i did not compressed the drums to each other yet.. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=05Q7H1N5

tnx
grt jamal
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Whats wrong with it?
its a good basis for a drum loop.just ad more stuff.
Jamal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jamal »

kristofason wrote:Whats wrong with it?
its a good basis for a drum loop.just ad more stuff.

Tnx Kris

It s more i m not so sure of it . i know there are lot of good producers over here . can tel me . if it all fit together . sound it oke
Is everrything work together sound like one the sub whit the rest like kick etc

grt jamal
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

jamal... its a beat.

I know what you are talking about not sounding like other producers.

Here is what I want you to try.

find parts of other tracks that consist of the same number of elements.

Then, load them up and do A/B Comparisons. You'll be able to check the differences in there.

I would also suggest using a longer loop length than 1 bar. Try going for 2 or 3 or 4. You could also break parts of the loop into different measures as well.

So many possibilities when you've got got a drum loop.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Hey Jamal,
i think this loops sound good as a starting point. but a few things that i think could make it better.
1. move the snare and hi-hats just a few ms from the grid. it might not fit your idea of electronic muisc, but by doin that it will give it more "live" feeling. after all, a drum player would never be able to play kick and snare exectly on the same time. its true to all drums AND percussions. it will give more swing feeling to the track and give more feeling like its actualy played by someone. im gettin a little ahead, but i think its very important, specialy in techno and mnml.

2. try to emulate a real drum set. if you look at a drum set, the hi hat is a bit to the right from the kick, so pan it to R10-R15. i know you might think now that you should pan the snare too, after all its not in the same place as the kick in a drum set. but kick, snare and bass are always (and the only ones) panned to center so you wont lose any power and drive in your music. this is one of these small things that make all the diffrence :wink:

3. now an idea that isnt a basic subject. use 2 diffrent send tracks with mono delay on each one. to the first one send the hi hats and to the other one send the snares. why send and not insert? because you can pan the delay to a diffrent place than where the original sound is panned to. this should fill up your drums a bit and give a wider stereo image.

hydrogen wrote:I would also suggest using a longer loop length than 1 bar. Try going for 2 or 3 or 4. You could also break parts of the loop into different measures
hope this helps.

Regards,
Stomper.
subscan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by subscan »

add more elements then look at it again
the more suff you add it will keep changing
:) then take away other elements and work towards more of what you want it to sound like
LOST MUSIC / FOUND SOUND
Jamal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jamal »

@ Hydrogen
Stomper
Subscan

First Thank you so much for the helpfully feedback !!!

@ Hydrogen, you mean 2 tracks whit the elements on the same plase , like as example hh on 3 7 11 15 , snare etc... that whit the other track to..
Identical rhythm ?
Then put an Analyzer on both tracks en analyze them?

@ Stomper : the delay , like : traight delay like 1:1 ore more like 4:4 . how wet, end feedback?

o yea another older track it s not finished , but this one is better to judge

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=XPEYZQFR

O yea , Btw Stomper , you got some really nice tracks on your My space man !!! dafantly Fearless
:D

Grt jamal
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Jamal wrote:@ Stomper : the delay , like : traight delay like 1:1 ore more like 4:4 . how wet, end feedback?
The delay can be 1/2, 1/4, 1/8... whatever sound good to you with those drums. when using send, always use 100% wet (Read Here). as for the feedback, again, whatever sound good to you. there are no rules.

Regards,
Stomper.
Jamal wrote:O yea , Btw Stomper , you got some really nice tracks on your My space man !!! dafantly Fearless
8) thnx