I m waiting...
GRT jamal :wink:
babel fish
:wink:
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Torque wrote:mixing is the process of eq, leveling and panning (Maybe compressing certain parts etc...)
+ giving depth to the track with reverb and delay so it will have back and front and not just left and right.
Torque wrote:Tips:
Use compression in your mix sparingly and only use it on parts that have levels that move around too much in your mix. That's what it's for.
+ on drums group with the bass to "glue" everything togheter, make all the drums move togheter. usually i also compress percussions group.

And, when compressing groups, dont compress more than 2-4db, remeber you only want to glue them togheter, not change their dynamics.

last tip: read and watch tutorials, if your not sure on your mix and mastering are top class, pay for a pro engineer to do it for you before sending it to labels. its worth it!
Jamal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jamal »

Torque wrote:
Jamal wrote:
Got some sugestions? :D

I m waiting...
GRT jamal :wink:
babel fish
:wink:

Hahah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4iIo1tUtW0
Jamal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jamal »

@ Stomper

TNX for the tips

What about the sub basses, some people call it sub percussion.

Sometimes i put a litle Compression on it when it is to soft..
To much ,will destroy the sub...

Are there people? send the sub tot the Drum Group?

What kinda compressor you use fore the Drum Group, Multi etc , ore a simple one ?

GRT Jamal
Mini11
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mini11 »

LOL babel fish

im going o stick one in my ear then maybe i will understand everything about mastering :D

im going to read this whole thread over again :D

thnx
Jamal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jamal »

Verry cool peace of gear.... I gonna stick one in mys sister s ear !!

Maybe , than she will understand what is shut the f up.. :wink:
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Jamal wrote:What about the sub basses, some people call it sub percussion.

Sometimes i put a litle Compression on it when it is to soft..
To much ,will destroy the sub...
If u make your bass with a VSTi, you most likely wont need to compress it. if you had any dynamic problem with it you probably fixed it with the envelope without even noticing.
if its a streched percussion sample, than maybe you will need to compress, maybe not. depends on the sound youve used and what you want. if you want to hear and feel the end of the percussion than yes, if not than no.
Jamal wrote:Are there people? send the sub tot the Drum Group?
i always send the bass (sub or not) to the drums group and compress them togheter. drums and bass are the heart of any dance track and i want to glue them and make them move toghter. if you wont do it the bass might sometimes sound out of contect with the drums.
Jamal wrote:What kinda compressor you use fore the Drum Group, Multi etc , ore a simple one ?
personaly, i use a very expensive one. usualy i use the LA-2A or LA-3A from my UAD-1 cards. they have fixed Ratio and fixed attack and realese time, but they always sound great on the drums group.
but i can recommand some other compressor that i use that can sound very good on drums:
Golden Uni-Processor (GUP-1) by Kjaerhus audio. i always use it for sidechain the bass on the kick beacuse it adds something to the low freq's, some kind of warmt. so it can also sound realy good on drums group.
SV-315 by Sonalksis. very smooth and subtle compressor, especialy when using the soft knee.
Camel Phat by Camel Audio. this plugin is not a dedicated compressor plugin, but the compressor that comes with it sound very good and in some ways reminds the LA-2A that i usualy use.
also check Voxengo's Maequis. never used it myself, but i heard only good things. you might wanna check Sonnox Oxford dynamic. it sounds very very good, but IMO its too overpriced beacuse of its good reputation.

Regards,
Stomper.