Post by eryx666 »

nah, i prefer dark haired 8)

bout it's little off topic :roll:

whatever :twisted:
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

thanks people! so how does he link ableton effects from his other laptop to the tracks in traktor? is ableton linked to the channels on the mixer or to the redsound loopsampler?
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

anyone?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

malle eppie wrote:anyone?
Just use your creativity dude... He probably uses the auxillary sends from the mixer to the laptop then back into the mixer.

If it was linked internally he would only be able to do an effect on a single channel at a time. would be kind of teh suck.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
majestic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by majestic »

I think they use the same effects way too much...it gets old. Kinda like how a politician says the same sht over and over and over etc. You know, morals values bla bla...well this feels the same...its like, "have you heard my neat effect"...Some one needs to invent some kind of new effect. there has to be something different out there...

plus one :D
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

Well if you listen to troy @ esko in januari 2007 and then compare it to his cocorico set you can def. hear the difference! cocorico is waaay more intense. effects getting looped, panned, pushed to the edge etc.

Troy has briljant effects!
clinc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clinc »

Measax wrote:I think they use the same effects way too much...it gets old. Kinda like how a politician says the same sht over and over and over etc. You know, morals values bla bla...well this feels the same...its like, "have you heard my neat effect"...Some one needs to invent some kind of new effect. there has to be something different out there...

Its too bad they don't have a Numark CDJ! :)
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

hydrogen wrote:
malle eppie wrote:anyone?
Just use your creativity dude... He probably uses the auxillary sends from the mixer to the laptop then back into the mixe.
If you do this though you get latency with ableton having to process the music. I have tried something similar, sending from xone92, into Ableton, add a few effects, back from ableton into last channe of the mixer. The sound comes back milleseconds later and creates a horrible unavoidable flanger sound.

Also if Troy was using the lexicon delay as somebody else suggested, the software would be unable to beat match because of the latency. He is definitely doing it another way, but I think it would have been Hawtin that figured it out and just told him.