a dj sneak rant on his blog on myspace

- open
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

dsat wrote:
Anonym wrote:Now people may not like the early form of this music just like a rock fan who listens to Death Metal would not like Elvis but that does not remove the fact that they were innovators who built what you now stand on.
now don't make me quote PE about Elvis!!

elvis was no innovator, he merely did what others did before him
i wonder if he actually ever wrote a song himself, he was great perfomer though

little richard man!! he's rock'n'roll!! it's all about long tall sally!
I was torn with what rocker to use as my example I wanted to put Chuck Berry but thought maybe many would not know of him or others like they would Elvis. :) Yes Elvis was no innovator but he was an elevator.
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Anonym wrote:Those are plenty of examples now music travels fast and after a new sound is invented or discovered anyone can make any style but the ORIGIN only comes once and in one place... Many parts or influences may contribute to the style but it is still new and is not the parts but the sum of the parts.
wow. i really couldnt agree more with that. origins are bullshit. it is all myth-making and myth-taking. but then again, perhaps detroit needs to be the original home of techno much more than other places do...
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

chrisdisco wrote:
Anonym wrote:Those are plenty of examples now music travels fast and after a new sound is invented or discovered anyone can make any style but the ORIGIN only comes once and in one place... Many parts or influences may contribute to the style but it is still new and is not the parts but the sum of the parts.
wow. i really couldnt agree more with that. origins are bullshit. it is all myth-making and myth-taking. but then again, perhaps detroit needs to be the original home of techno much more than other places do...
Glad you agree but everything has a origin they are either undisputed like the birth of techno in Detroit or like others cannot be pinned down and are disputed with more then one party or group claiming to have started things like rock and roll... If you are looking for a dispute then it's that "Sharevari" a song by "A Number Of Names" was the first techno song in Detroit.... :P
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
colmenares
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by colmenares »

he never realized that perhaps some people don't want to hear a fucking diva vocal over a 909 beat???

a lot of this house cats are a bunch of divas... fck a lot of these so called big djs are divas no matter what they play

get over yourself!
Future Collective FTW!

http://colectivofuturo.com
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

Another "bitch blog" from one of the old guard on how the music sucks now.

Most of the old techno and house heroes are stuck in a timewarp, not doing anything new to push music and a new generation. Most of the big Detroit, Chicago or NYC djs don`t even have a website or other new creative ways to push stuff. Great labels like Transmat, KMS and Metroplex lay dormant. UR and Planet E being the in Detroit, Ferrer and FK in NYC being the exception, etc..............

Time moves on. Daft Punk have moved on from the french house sound. Fatcat have evolved to a record label. Peacefrog have evolved. Richie Hawtin have moved on and created Minus and Beatport. Tons of European labels like Styrax and Perlon push new stuff, etc.....

On Sneak:

He still play the same music he did 10 years ago.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

^^nothing wrong with that!

Id rather vibe out to those 90s tracks than this recycled mnml techno stuff of today, but thats just me.
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

JCH wrote:
On Sneak:

He still play the same music he did 10 years ago.
i have some old sneak stuff on classic and yoshitoshi and it's dated to be sure but check out "electric water" on magnetic. hardly sounds like old sneak or even house for that matter.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

minimal house wrote:^^nothing wrong with that!

Id rather vibe out to those 90s tracks than this recycled mnml techno stuff of today, but thats just me.

Why are you on Mnml.nl then?