laptops for producing

- ask away
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

I have the same top, and I have to concur. Running FS / Ableton -- It's a solid piece.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

got a t40 ibm laptop. has not enough interfaces: no firewire, 2 usb 2.0....
but runs fine with 1.5 pentium centrino...and it is build very strong and parts (like keyboards etc..) are easy to exchange...
produced some stuff with it. also used the internal soundcard which ain´t bad if you don´t want to record something.
but going for a desktop solution now and using this for livegigs....

btw the pentium m is faster than the p4. i heard they gonna use them instead of the p4 in the future for desktop pc.
techno made me do it
d.b
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d.b »

deccard wrote: btw the pentium m is faster than the p4. i heard they gonna use them instead of the p4 in the future for desktop pc.
a pentium m 2.0Ghz is indeed equally fast (or faster) as a pentium 4 3.0Ghz
because it has shorter pipelines (more work done in one clockcycle).
CEDE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by CEDE »

Yes Yes. Everyone buy PCs. That way apple can go back to a better production pace with its computers and operating systems. All the people switching over is starting to have a negative affect on the machines, causing Apple to worry too much about competing with PCs than just making good machines.

:D

P.S. This is not a Mac over PC comment, both have their merits of course. PCs are great for checking email and downloading everything under the sun, and Macs are good for everything else. :lol:
Ctrl_Alt_Delete
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ctrl_Alt_Delete »

i always read you guys talking about apple powerbook ... what about ibook ... i'am going to buy one to start my first live expierences
i'am looking forward to use it with ableton and traktor at first.

or has an ibook not enough performance to handle those two programs ?

what are your expierences ?