mnmlrs

- ask away
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

On his YouTube he makes a comment on how he doesn't have too much free time because everyone is accusing him he does... funny.
subscan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by subscan »

Ok this seems obvious but it’s something I have learnt very recently

We hear so many cool sounds every day all around us.

Just common stuff a stove , hair dryer whatever its all interesting.

Take time to stop and listen to them .

Record them.

Take this forgotten sound out of context.

Like putting them in a track or just isolating them.

I was surprised how special those forgotten sounds can be. :shock: :shock: :shock:
LOST MUSIC / FOUND SOUND
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

didn't brian eno design those sounds?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

wikipedia wrote: The Microsoft Sound

In 1994 Eno was approached by Mark Malamud and Erik Gavriluk, senior designers at Microsoft on the Chicago project. The result was the six-second start-up sound for the Windows 95 operating system, commonly called The Microsoft Sound. From an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle:

“The idea came up at the time when I was completely bereft of ideas. I'd been working on my own music for a while and was quite lost, actually. And I really appreciated someone coming along and saying, "Here's a specific problem – solve it." The thing from the agency said, "We want a piece of music that is inspiring, universal, blah-blah, da-da-da, optimistic, futuristic, sentimental, emotional," this whole list of adjectives, and then at the bottom it said "and it must be 3¼ seconds long." I thought this was so funny and an amazing thought to actually try to make a little piece of music. It's like making a tiny little jewel. In fact, I made 84 pieces. I got completely into this world of tiny, tiny little pieces of music. I was so sensitive to microseconds at the end of this that it really broke a logjam in my own work. Then when I'd finished that and I went back to working with pieces that were like three minutes long, it seemed like oceans of time.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I wish good field recorders were more affordable. I had to buy a 50 foot mic cable just so I could record stuff around the house.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

victorgonzales wrote:I wish good field recorders were more affordable. I had to buy a 50 foot mic cable just so I could record stuff around the house.
It's all about minidisc or small hard drive recorders then you can go outside too.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

tone-def wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:I wish good field recorders were more affordable. I had to buy a 50 foot mic cable just so I could record stuff around the house.
It's all about minidisc or small hard drive recorders then you can go outside too.
Yeah all the nice ones are expensive as hell though.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I actually have a track where an error happened in the middle of me recording a part and i left it in the track because other than that sound happening the take was perfect. I covered it up a little but you can still hear it.