mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[UK] 14-03-08 | Delete with [A]PENDICS.SHUFFLE LIVE

Post by sonofradiator »

Delete
@ Dusk Till Dawn, 205 Old Christchurch Rd, Bournemouth
11pm-6am £5 / £4 Concessions
Friday March 14th:
[A]pendics.Shuffle LIVE (Adjunct, Mo's Ferry, Orac, USA)
Joe Ellis (Trimsound, Floppy Funk, Alt Recordings)
Pseudo Funk (Alt Recordings)
Blink Soundsystem

http://www.deletetechno.com

Leaving just enough time for the dust to settle on the Donk Boys seismic UK debut at Delete in February, we’re storming ahead for our March session with another exclusive treat, and they don’t come much tastier than this.

Quite how [A]pendics.Shuffle has never played in the UK in all the time he has been making music is a mystery to us, but it makes the honour all the greater to be the first ones to do it. Kenneth J Gibson, the man behind the Shuffle, is nothing short of a production powerhouse. Between his seven aliases he has been responsible for some of the most mind-bending electronic madness of the last ten years. His experimental IDM output as Electronic Music Composer and Eight Frozen Modules is something akin to having a robot reach into your ears and crunch your circuit boards in his metal fist, but for us funk-hungry types at Delete it’s always been the [A]pendics.Shuffle releases that
have hit the nail on the head.

Melding the finest elements of house and techno, the way Ken manages to reconstruct the 4/4 blueprint is nothing short of mind-blowing. At any one time you’ll hear about 50,000 (approx.) different sounds going on in his tracks, and yet he manages to lock the whole mess down to a groove seemingly naturally. It’s glitchy music without being minimal, it’s machine music with a human heart pumping away at the centre of it, it’s the best thing you’ll hear this millenium.

So you can see why we’re excited about bringing him over for the first time, and if that wasn’t enough we’ve got another top drawer guest joining Pseudo Funk in the basement. For those of you that have been keeping an eye on our net label Alt Recordings, you will be familiar with the work of Joe Ellis. The brother of Tom ‘Trimsound’ Ellis, and an integral part of the North Wales crew responsible for some of the freshest micro-house in recent times, we’re very pleased to finally welcome Joe down for a DJ set. If you need any more convincing track down his release on Floppy Funk, the awesome ‘Horses For Courses’ EP.

Upstairs in the lounge it’s going to be a new experience for Delete as well, as we hook up with local mischief makers the Blink Soundsystem. Their own description sums up what you can expect: “6 dj's 6 hours!? Well electronic eclections!” As like-minded musical warriors in the Bournemouth wasteland, our forces combined should make for another two-floor foundation-cracking shakedown of the highest order.

After it went so well last month, we have now secured a cosy after-hours agreement with iBar, so you don’t have to worry about hanging up your dancing shoes once we’re done at Dusk Till Dawn. Phew.

How’s that for a party then?
Last edited by sonofradiator on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-Max & Spatial
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71085/

facebook.com/schmorgasbord
joe-delete
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by joe-delete »

Everyone is sooo stoked for this Delete parrrtttyyy :!:

Its going to be a biggy, after hours is actually for once allready in place :shock:
September 26th Delete 3rd Birthday w/ Bodycode (live) (spectral sound, sud electronic, perlon), J-Lab (live) (alt recordings, motronic) Scrase (live) (militant science) +++ more @ the Winchester Pub Bournemouth.

www.deletetechno.com
www.alt-recordings.com
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

well done for getting things organized i was just about to phone one of you guys to see what your doing. music wise i haven't been this excited about a delete but i say that every party!
joe-delete
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by joe-delete »

tone-def wrote:well done for getting things organized i was just about to phone one of you guys to see what your doing. music wise i haven't been this excited about a delete but i say that every party!
Trust me when i say that this gig is the most organised :D

After hours is set up, just going to get iBar to add some fine touches to certain things, then all we ( Oli, Ben & Me ) is somehow get on that train @ 7.30am ...

Cant wait :!: :!: :!:
September 26th Delete 3rd Birthday w/ Bodycode (live) (spectral sound, sud electronic, perlon), J-Lab (live) (alt recordings, motronic) Scrase (live) (militant science) +++ more @ the Winchester Pub Bournemouth.

www.deletetechno.com
www.alt-recordings.com
meffeo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by meffeo »

Love Apendics!
..keep the underground alive..

- myspace -
joe-delete
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by joe-delete »

meffeo wrote:Love Apendics!
Come party with us :?: :twisted:

www.deletetechno.com
www.alt-recordings.com
sonofradiator
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sonofradiator »

This is going to be the best thing to happen to live music in the UK since Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight (or omething equally epic and OTT)

[A]pendics rules!!! Favourite tunes people? For me it has to be:

Real People
Creamer
Feel Me

But then there's so many more! And so many I still haven't heard!
S-Max & Spatial
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71085/

facebook.com/schmorgasbord
joe-delete
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by joe-delete »

His live recording from 07 in Berlin on the Mo's Ferry site is something special!

www.deletetechno.com
www.alt-recordings.com