39%
No, I only use cds, laptop, etc.
18%

Total votes: 103

Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

100% vinyl and that won't change as long as I canwalk into a recordstore and find more cool new records that I could possibly buy and carry home! :wink:

I see no need to change over to digital at the moment or in the near future. Even when the new record releases fade away there's so much cool old stuff to discover!
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Well unfortunately for me, i use Serato to dj, you're still playing records but its just not the same.. and fact that there is a laptop involved kinda makes me feel like i'm still home even tho i'm at a gig.. I've colleced records for years and probably have around 7,000 plus records, but when i came to Switzerland it just wasn't possible to bring them with me.. Those bastards are heavy! Also opted for the Serato route because i'm hoping to preserve my back after all those years of lugging records around.. On the plus side tho, i've got a whole lot of music to choose from so its not so bad.. I do have to say there is no feeling like digging at a record store and finding that one gem uve been looking for.. ahhhhhh long live vinyl
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

100% vinyl since the day I started.

I'm suspect that at some point in the future I'll buy some new equipment that will bring me into contact with the newer formats...but I don't plan to ever drop vinyl as long as I can still get it.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

right now its about 80% serato, 20% vinyl. all the vinyl i still play is old, rare sh!t that i haven't encoded yet, or stuff that i'll use if i'm playing a three-table set.

for the most part, its all serato now. as cheesedick as it is, and as much as i said i would never do it, its far easier for me to travel with my laptop and serato setup and 30 records instead of lugging a 80lb flight case around with 1/10th of the tracks.

and as far as paying for a piece of wax, most i've ever spent was 150$ for the instant house "awade" record, followed by the ultra-rare driftwood #10 whitelabel at about 120$. but i've sold some for twice that to other people.
morris215
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by morris215 »

laptop - still buy vinyl and encode if its not available digitally or if its something I know I'm going to want to hold on for the collection though.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

80% digital 20% vinyl, everything on my MBP along Ableton. Let the games begin.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

have fond memories of vinyl but have been 100% dig for a couple years now and theres no going back. there are just so many more doors open to me when not limited by format.

as for hands on feel...id argue that midi controllers are more hands on control than touching a platter...

also in my experience less than half of the djs ive seen in tokyo are still playing vinyl. everyone and their grandma has a uc-33!
Stan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Stan »

100 % vinyl :!:

love the feeling, smell, etc. :lol: