iZotope ozone

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

The Cubase anti-piracy mechanism uses an iLok I think though, which is a pretty questionable method.. I've read stories about paying customers using cracked versions just to avoid using an iLok. Maybe something will change in the future though.

About my original post though, I made my point pretty badly I think. It's not up for me to decide how anybody else should behave, and it's certainly not up to me to try and decide the moral policy of a group of people, so for this, I take back what I said and apologise.

What I would like to say instead though, is that for me personally, I wouldn't be able to make music without guys making affordable, inspiring and accessible software... I would still just be singing in the shower and occasionally dreaming of being able to create sounds myself. And even though when I first started messing around with computer sounds I used a cracked version of Acid, and then Ableton, and even though the motivating factor behind starting to pay for software wasn't out of suddenly deciding to do what was morally right, I am lucky enough to have realised that the guys making the tools I use are the same as me, and for me to be able support them in the same way that they support me is a rewarding thing.
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

I think they have actually managed to crack cubase sx4, albeit flakily. I think the best option is to tie it to hardware like the UAD, or Powercore stuff. That way you have to buy the software and you recieve the benefit of dedicated hardware to speed things up.
msfilter
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by msfilter »

the main problem i have with using cracked software (which i have done many times) is that it fucks up your computer and adds a serious amount of instability to your system. In the end it will be bad for your music, and so frustrating that it is not worth it. Professional music Software is tested beyond belief for almost every type of system. Once a crack is introduced (i'm not a software expert) SURELY it adds elements which aren't supposed to be there. What is the point in testing these for every type of system? You aren't SELLING it.
Plus if its cracked mastering software you're after, why not just not master your songs? A tune does not need to be mastered at home to sound good.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

If you want to try a product, download a trail version. And to everybody who says they will eventually buy the product, stop kidding you're self. If the crack works you ain't gonna buy nothing!

You ain't gonna steal a Xbox 360 from a store, try it for a couple of weeks and then go back to pay the money, do you?

Stealing mofo's, that's what you are!!!
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

S.D.L wrote:If you want to try a product, download a trail version. And to everybody who says they will eventually buy the product, stop kidding you're self. If the crack works you ain't gonna buy nothing!

You ain't gonna steal a Xbox 360 from a store, try it for a couple of weeks and then go back to pay the money, do you?

I hate this argument, when people compare software to a car, or in this case an xbox. It doesnt make any sense...
msfilter
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by msfilter »

he sounds like

"you wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a movie"
bollox
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Why, it's the EXACT same thing!

But you guys keep steeling, I believe in Karma, you will get yours :!:
New Guy wrote:
S.D.L wrote:If you want to try a product, download a trail version. And to everybody who says they will eventually buy the product, stop kidding you're self. If the crack works you ain't gonna buy nothing!

I hate this argument, when people compare software to a car, or in this case an xbox. It doesnt make any sense...
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

S.D.L wrote:Why, it's the EXACT same thing!

But you guys keep steeling, I believe in Karma, you will get yours :!:
New Guy wrote:

"I believe in karma." thats good.
"you will get yours"???

by saying this you are wishing me bad, and if you believe in karma this wish will come back to you...

And if you think that we dont buy software, that just says more about you than us...

:D