NYC Record Stores

- open
riskee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by riskee »

yeah, the few things i noticed were probably more on the house-side... still very nice for me.

anyways, and this goes to the guys that usually shop online... which us-based shops do you visit? i've only ordered from dancerecords.com and submerge, so some diversity for future purchases would be appreciated.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

riskee wrote:yeah, the few things i noticed were probably more on the house-side... still very nice for me.

anyways, and this goes to the guys that usually shop online... which us-based shops do you visit? i've only ordered from dancerecords.com and submerge, so some diversity for future purchases would be appreciated.
most the local online shops are gone. see if bentcrayon is still around, but the only REALLY good one was planetxusa, but its in "rebuiliding" or something.

you're better off shopping overseas. trust me...its far better. worth the shipping costs.
nightgrooves
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nightgrooves »

CUBANb wrote:http://www.halcyonline.com/ is a good spot just a train ride away in brooklyn

yeah, halcy is really a great one... i can say that i didn't find a better one, although it was three years ago... but go and check it out, i really liked the area where it's situated, very spooky and excited...
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

nightgrooves wrote:i really liked the area where it's situated, very spooky and excited...
not anymore. dumbo is hipster hangout now...totally gentrified and cleaned up. huge condo right when you come out of the F train.
riskee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by riskee »

element.8 wrote:most the local online shops are gone. see if bentcrayon is still around, but the only REALLY good one was planetxusa, but its in "rebuiliding" or something.

you're better off shopping overseas. trust me...its far better. worth the shipping costs.
thanks, i'll look them up. anyone else with suggestions?
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

I usually go through discogs marketplace and sometimes musicstack, which I like because you can search the inventory of a ton of record stores. Or else the labels themselves if they do mail order. Also I like Phonica in the UK for left-field releases.

I have very few techno records because they always seem to have the highest prices and are often available digitally.