The top labels

- open
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

more commercial! ed banger, get physical, minus, bpitch, pokerflat, kompakt

underground big sellers! einmaleins, tuningspork, cadenza, circus company.

i used to work in a record store in london and see lots of labels come and go. saleswise, it is always changing.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

bshosa wrote:i would doubt if u can still call poker flat and playhouse giants, try to analyze tha sales of 2007 .... both of these are big for sure, but i would rather call them the giants of yesterday or the old tigers ;)

Worth metioning for me are (not mnml only) :

Dial, Cadenza, Wagon Repair, Dirty Bird, MUSIC MAN !!!, TRESOR !!!, Apnea/Cyclical?Mupa Family, Mobilee, Innervisions, COCOON !!! .... and so many more, not to forget :
tha big impact Ed Banger ......

I think these are the BIG sellers @ the moment,
how could i forget those labels and Get Physical. I'm still thinking 2002 a bit i was going to put telegraph but realized they haven't done anything in ages. I imaging Frankie sell a lot too.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:
bshosa wrote:i would doubt if u can still call poker flat and playhouse giants, try to analyze tha sales of 2007 .... both of these are big for sure, but i would rather call them the giants of yesterday or the old tigers ;)

Worth metioning for me are (not mnml only) :

Dial, Cadenza, Wagon Repair, Dirty Bird, MUSIC MAN !!!, TRESOR !!!, Apnea/Cyclical?Mupa Family, Mobilee, Innervisions, COCOON !!! .... and so many more, not to forget :
tha big impact Ed Banger ......

I think these are the BIG sellers @ the moment,
how could i forget those labels and Get Physical. I'm still thinking 2002 a bit i was going to put telegraph but realized they haven't done anything in ages. I imaging Frankie sell a lot too.
From what I hear, then Kompakt is not the big big player they used to be.
I don't think Dial, apnea, wagon rep, dirty bird, tresor, pokerflat, perlon, and such either. Also not Frankie (I mean, they probably sell more than 1000 copies, which is also good in todays marked, but BIG player, nope (at leats that's what I think)).

cadenza, mobilee, cocoon, GET PHYSICAL, Minus and yes the Great Stuff label is what I think is the big players (plus those I have forgot).
euPHoric_pleasure
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by euPHoric_pleasure »

i think "kaufemusik" and "dreikommanull" they r 2 nice labels with some great artist.....
ImageImageImageImage
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

i think you would be surprised by the sales of dirty bird kennet ....
Also wagon rep and perlon ....
i am surprised abot what you say about tresor, their stable with all the legends incl vogel, beltram and so on simply guarantees sales .... pretty sure of that, just chck out their myspace, and see the views counter, can we call it underground ???
As for wag rep they sell a lot and are home for cobblestone, mat jonson and so on - big big names in the industry ....
this market isn't transparent, but if you think panpot sell more copies than cobblestone jazz, or the new GummiHz back2back is gonna sell thousands, hmm ....
i wanna wait and see ....
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

bshosa wrote:i think you would be surprised by the sales of dirty bird kennet ....
Also wagon rep and perlon ....
i am surprised abot what you say about tresor, their stable with all the legends incl vogel, beltram and so on simply guarantees sales .... pretty sure of that, just chck out their myspace, and see the views counter, can we call it underground ???
As for wag rep they sell a lot and are home for cobblestone, mat jonson and so on - big big names in the industry ....
this market isn't transparent, but if you think panpot sell more copies than cobblestone jazz, or the new GummiHz back2back is gonna sell thousands, hmm ....
i wanna wait and see ....
Fair enough, dirty bird surely has some big hits and Tresor I actually don't know much about sales wise.
As for the other labels, oh well, you hear stuff you know, some is true, some it not :lol:
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

patrick bateman wrote:some is true, some it not :lol:
Some is true, most is not.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Not the best fan of M_nus.

And not fan at all of Get Physical.

I'm more into Thema, RRYGULAR, Lomidhigh, Minibar, Phonocult, Level, Stock5, Alphahouse, Archipel, Dumb-Unit...

for the older and bigger labels, my respect goes to Perlon, Telegraph, context free media...