using factory sequence patches

- ask away
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

SHAP wrote:i think your goal should be making loops that sound that good or even better by yourself :wink:
I'm not sure if this is aimed at me or a response to the original poster.

I would like my own music to sound different from the presets, loops and standards. It's not really a question of sounding as good as the material that is popular. It's about sounding like me.
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

well i actually meant the poster ;)
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

SHAP wrote:well i actually meant the poster ;)
:oops:

:lol:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

when i'm having a creative block i use maybe 1 preset sound/sequence and it gives me something to work around.

I've heard very distinctive presets in tracks by Troy Pierce.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

tone-def wrote:when i'm having a creative block i use maybe 1 preset sound/sequence and it gives me something to work around.

I've heard very distinctive presets in tracks by Troy Pierce.
And loco dice and and and....
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

i wonder what you guys think about this:

IMO using presets or not is connected to using software or hardware. When using soft synths i will automaticly start so browse presets after a while. Mostly because it is just too frustrating to operate a synth with a mouse. I also use a Korg Kontrol midi controller with reason. From what i know it is one of the best ways to kontrol softsynths, but still it is not as imidiate as a well layed out hardware synth.
When i work with my Clavia and Elektron stuff, i never use presets. Just because creating own sounds is easy and fun using both my hands.

I hope i don't stir up another hard vs soft debate. It's more about having a dedicated interface for an instrument, and this makes me experiment more with it. The Clavia and Elektron stuff basically is soft synths in a well designed box :wink:
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Try just putting an arpeggiator or delay and chop effects to break thepattern. Or both. You can get some interesting stuff. I personally try to never use premade sequences but you can do fun stuff to them with effesct if the keys are right.

Altho it's just as simple to build yoiur own loop to mess with.
erdbeerschnitzel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by erdbeerschnitzel »

If i start to use a new synth, I chose a preset which I like and tweak the sound to something I even like more (and in most cases it doesn't sound like the original preset at all). If I use a synth which I know very good, I start up building a sound from zero. The idea of someone recognizing a preset (synth) sound in one of my tracks kind of scares me :wink: