sonar (the software package)

- ask away
briobox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

sonar (the software package)

Post by briobox »

Last edited by briobox on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I use Sonar 7.

I love it. It has a lot of GREAT virtual instruments (superb synths!) a great sound bank..., and I like the way of working with this software. It seems to be very complete (more than Ableton Live of course for producing...). It's like Cubase or Logic, it has been made to make COMPLETE tracks. I use Ableton Live too, but of course this software has been made for livesets before all, so if you don't have VSTs, you can't do something really decent. (or buy the live 7 complete version including the decent ableton live instruments).

I use Sonar for sequencing and some effetcs / virtual instruments (so I use Sonar for the main structure of my tracks), and I use some Native Instruments too. The combination of both is great.

I'm very happy about this software, and I recommend it. Powerful, ergonomic. I think it's the Logic of PCs.

But if you don't like the way of sequencing when you tried the demo, don't buy it and try Cubase or something... you can't see the power of this software with a demo, but you can see if you like it's ergonomy ;)

You know, Cubase, Sonar, Logic, MOTU Digital Performer... you can make the same, it's just the way of working which changes.