Skipping turntables at the party

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Der geile Ami wrote:
mlexicon wrote: theres those orange air cushions made for turntables u can use

The weight in a technics turntable is not evenly distributed.
I agree.. .I bought those actually.. they can work to some degree.... but at the same time...

the turn table itself can be on a 30 degree slant..... so that can be annoying...

perhaps try blocks / try putting material under the table in which its standing on.... or test it...

dance like a raver near the table find out ..how much room you have and/or how close you can get..

if you find you can't get several fee near the table.. put up some decore so that the party goer's can't get near it.

meaning block the area in which makes the table bounce.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

PsyTox wrote:the (fantastic) solution that the guys at KozzMozz here do is simply to put the orange air cushions under a board that spans all the booth. So you put both turntables, mixer etc all on it.
that seems like a good idea. My fear would be cigarettes. if a board sits on everything, a cheaper solution ,however seasonally, would be those inflatable rings for kids.

I can't wait until records become extinct and performers simply need a big table surface to lay out all their gear.
freeeeeee
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

no problem with cigarettes or anything else, it's difficult but I'll try to explain what they do: they just inflate a few of those FreeFloats to the max, and then put a lid over it (like the top of a flight case) that's just a bit less high then the freefloat.

These things:

So you don't see the free floats and there's no danger of cigarettes burning in to it, or whatever. You get the benefits of the floats without the annoying wobbling that you get when you put the turntable directly on the floats.

Hope this makes a bit of sense :)
JBounce
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JBounce »

I heard and saw, that some dj's are using tennis balls spited in half, so 2 balls under one turntable
its cool to be minimal :)
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

JBounce wrote:I heard and saw, that some dj's are using tennis balls spited in half, so 2 balls under one turntable
Interesting one
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

JBounce wrote:I heard and saw, that some dj's are using tennis balls spited in half, so 2 balls under one turntable
worx wonders , really ...
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I generally used the half cinder blocks method and never had any issues - I also put full cinder blocks under each leg of the main table - recently I got the road ready cases and kept the decks in those and seems to be even more stable then just simply putting the decks on the half cinder blocks. however obviously cinder blocks are a helluva lot cheaper than road ready cases but then again with the cases you get a 2 for one cause you get to transport your nice turntable in those as well. My 2 cents.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

At one of the earlier demfs in the dj supply room we used rubbermaid tubs filled evenly with sand, then you put cinder blocks on that obviously. The sand absorbs the bass and the dancing very well.

I would try that...