Elektron SPS 1 Machinedrum or KORG Electribe MX2 ?

- ask away
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

sorgenkind wrote:i am starting to consider to sell my mpc 1000 and buy a machinedrum.
First time I tried a machinedrum I was pretty disappointed by the appartent lack of energy and punch of the kick but since with UW you can import your stuff.. I could tweak my drums live way more with the MD than with the mpc I think.
I'm thinking about same since the Machinedrum offers me way more possibilities in sounddesign and interaction with the parameters. though i will miss the pads and the sometimes very useful "no computer involved" approach.
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

what settles me quite off the mpc is that you can't change sequence after you record something new.
Let's say you have loaded 2 sequences, you record something in the first and you'll never be able again to toggle to the next one if you don't stop. this is a live workflow killer.
Plus if you have the two sequences loaded but you would like to create a new one, you can't, you have to stop the mpc and manually go to the next empty sequence.
I will miss pads too, but I considering and mpd to bang beats on the MD.
zirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zirk »

532nm wrote:if there was any doubt in regards to the power of the MDUW, behold...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtxX0VEpMSI
the korg cant even come close
awesome
Leon Neon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Leon Neon »

People keep mentioning weak kicks w/regards to the MD. I don't get it. If you have synthesis+ASDR+Eq+distortion+bit rate reduction or whatever else you want, how can the kicks be so weak? It sounds like a personal problem to me. I never had weak kick drums on my MD.