MAETRIK

The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

I love tech house- just saying- Should I start a DJ Dominik/ Amber D thread?
I'll say it one more time-

I like many kinds of musical genres- this is a minimal board

- all the artist you see under this artist title are Minimal artist - the livesets section is for minimal artist- I don't want to look like a jerk so I'll shut up now(too late for that I know) :D
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.
briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by briananeurysm »

maetrik is definitely minimal, though he's in many ways more complex than some minimal artists. but personally, I consider 2Dollar Egg minimal, and they can get very complex at times. And maetrik imo is along the same lines, just a little more diverse in the sense that he switches back and forth between electro, tech-house and minimal quite a bit.

Though I thought that Casi Profundo is his techiest record sofar, which is interesting considering treibstoff tends to be housier than this record. Good sh!t none-the-less!!

Also, I personally have a very broad definition of minimal though...
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

startin' a bit of polemic is good to grab the boards attention on a certain topic (in this case artist) so i'd say: mission accomplished :)

and please, what to do with dj's who do some crossover in between certain genres? not pay attention to them on this board because they're not "mnml" enough?
I've had comments on a set of mine before I posted the tracklisting that it wasn't minimal (enough). if I'd posted it, nobody would even have doubted it's "mnmlnss" :)
funny world, innit?

ok, enough with the slaggin'... will maetrik be hitting europe soon by any chance, Bryan?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Also, I personally have a very broad definition of minimal though...
Yeah, me too. There's not a long way from minimal to tech-house IMO...
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

indeed, that's why I don't see the point of mentioning it :)
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

i think that it's important to remember that all of the great music we listen to are derivatives of the founding styles and interpretations of artists thoughts through audio. we have all come from different influences and backgrounds so i say sit back and enjoy the diversity, complexity and simplicilty all at once and try not to pigeonhole music. it is what it is.
The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

yes everyone- I squeeze trees too with ya :roll: - now lets get back on the Maetrik TOPIC-

good stuff
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.
Surgi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Surgi »

I like Maetrik a lot! So far always bought his releases, that is those I can find... I have now the new album on treibstoff and 2 or 3 ep's. The best track on the new album is that with the dark voice in it. Very deep freightening track :shock:
http://www.myspace.com/dj_surgi

23/02/07 @ 2 Years Punk'ID, Decadance, Gent, Belgium from 22h till 0h